Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ScoutjockieNew jedi

Offline Sandman Posted 13-05-2014, 08:17 PM -
Tatooine Member

very new age jedi there, very Aussie too with thongs!
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 14-05-2014, 09:33 AM -
Tatooine Member

ok so Ive bought a pair of boots, which i got on Ebay.
nice and cheap too. pics to come
Big Grin

Boots

Ok peeps, so was wondering if anyone had a light saber that they would like to sell to me.

cheers
(This post was last modified: 14-05-2014, 09:50 AM by Scoutjockie.)

[Image: RLscoutjockiesig-1_zpstc1nzeyx.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 14-05-2014, 10:26 AM -

Nice find! Just so you know, if there is a zipper you may need to look at adding a spat to cover it, especially if the zip is on the back.

Unfortunately I don't have a lightsaber to sell :S BUT there are soooooo many options for sabers, it mostly depends on your budget. Like even the one I have right now, was just a $35 hilt that a guy made out of household materials.

You could look at a Hasbro FX lightsaber, like the $60 ones you'd find at toys r us, toy kingdom, etc. I'm 99.999999999% sure they would be fine. Otherwise, many here have bought from a site called Ultrasabers.
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 14-05-2014, 10:56 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Those boots like ok, but as Dimes said if they do have a zipper make sure its concealed or on the inside. There may also be a problem with the buckle while buckles are allowed if they look to "real world" you may be asked to remove or cover them.

As for lightsabers in the snipers auction there were some sabers on offer I think a green blade one sold but there were 2 orange bladed ones which I don't think sold. Check with Bullant to see if they are still available.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 14-05-2014, 11:05 AM -

That's a really nice boot, as Bryan said, if it's got a zipper, check that it's either concealed or on the inside leg. And yeah, you'll probably need to either remove the straps or change the buckle. My advice would be change the buckle to compliment the buckle on your jedi belt, or a flat metal buckle (or piece of metal to cover), and another options would be a piece of matching leather to cover the buckle. THen with keeping the strap, you could add another to the top and add Spats to the boots. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 14-05-2014, 11:36 AM -

Ok I can't seem to add quotes, and not to jump off topic with the thread but Stormraven could you elaborate on this auction and what it is? Iv'e never heard of it and i'm intrigued. Is it something that happens often?
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 14-05-2014, 11:59 AM -

One of our members passed away a couple of months ago. A lot of his stuff was auctioned off on the Redback Garrison forums. It was for members only. Hence why you wouldn't know anything about it.

However as Stormraven said, contact Bullant if any of the Jedi sabers are still available.

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 14-05-2014, 12:55 PM -

That is sad news, and sorry to anyone if my earlier post comes off the wrong way. I'm honestly not in the market right now, I was just curious about whether auctions were frequent. Regardless, thanks for informing me Hopfot.

I guess another good bet to anyone that is in the market (my future self included) would be to post a 'wanting to buy' thread on the main forums.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 14-05-2014, 02:00 PM -

It's all good mate. Didn't come off wrong to me at all. Wink
You didn't know, and even if you did, still all good. He was a great man, a great trooper and a good friend, very much missed.

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 14-05-2014, 09:04 PM -

Boots are looking good! Love a good eBay find! Cool

(14-05-2014, 10:26 AM)Dimes Wrote: You could look at a Hasbro FX lightsaber, like the $60 ones you'd find at toys r us, toy kingdom, etc. I'm 99.999999999% sure they would be fine.

Noooooo, the Ultimate FX sabers that you get from Toys 'R' Us are considered toys and will not be accepted by a Costume Judge. The sabers that are acceptable are the Force FX sabers and most independent saber makers (Ultrasabers, Vader's Vault, etc). Just an FYI Smile

(14-05-2014, 11:36 AM)Dimes Wrote: Ok I can't seem to add quotes ...

It's a glitch that the command staff are workin' on! I've had the sane issue recently Tongue

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)