Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ScoutjockieNew jedi

Offline Scoutjockie Posted 11-05-2014, 09:38 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hello

I'm putting together a jedi, and looking at boots, I see that there are a few places that you can by them from eg creations by robin. Which is on the list of places to buy them from.
My question is are these approvable boots.?

[Image: RLscoutjockiesig-1_zpstc1nzeyx.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 11-05-2014, 09:51 AM -

Hi Scoutjockie,

Awesome to see another jedi in development Big Grin If i'm correct in assuming that you are referring to the boots sold by Robin? There are a couple of boots on his website that are quite often used by Legion members.

http://www.costumecreationsbyrobin.com.au/shoes

Click on the pic of each shoe to bring up it's number. Number 27 in particular is used very often, along with number 28. Again they are very much acceptable.

Boots are pretty flexible, just as long as they do not significantly look relatable to any other 'universe' or 'era', so for example no pirate boots, etc. A best way to be sure is to post pics of what you are looking at so other members can give you some feedback Smile

Here are also the Legion guidelines on Boots for a generic jedi:

8. Boots: Brown or Black Boots – Leather or leather-like (no rubber boots).
a. Over-the-calf, but not above the knee.
b. No visible laces or outside zippers. When necessary, inside zippers are permitted.
c. Straps & shin-spats are allowed but not required (though can be used to cover laces and zippers).
d. Boots and belts should match (be of a complimentary color), i.e., black and black or brown and brown. No black/brown combinations.
e. Buckles are permitted, but should complement the boot and not detract from the overall look of the Jedi costume.
f. Low-heeled 1 – 1 1/2 inches maximum. Spike heels are not permitted.

Looking forward to how everything goes, and good luck Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 11-05-2014, 11:57 AM -

As pointed out by our other padawan in training here, the Robin boots are approvable. They do have a zip, however it is on the inside leg of the boit which is acceptable.
I have 2 pairs of there boots. A brown with spats and black without spats. I'll take photos and post them in the resource thread.
For $100 they are worth it. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 11-05-2014, 01:26 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks Hopfot

Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 11-05-2014, 09:13 PM -
Tatooine Member

i got a pair of brown jedi boots that belonged to Sniper, i dont need them but i think its a size 10 because im a 9 and there is no marking of size inside. if anyone is interested please PM me.
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 13-05-2014, 04:13 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ok got a couple more piece of the costume together to day, found a pair of pants that can be used from the salvos, and got some linen material for the outer tunic, pics of the inner tunic to come. Slowly getting there.

Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 13-05-2014, 07:19 PM -
Tatooine Member

My inner tunic

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 13-05-2014, 07:20 PM -

That's a nice Tunic. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 13-05-2014, 08:11 PM -

Looks like you're off to a great start! Cool

As a side note, I got my boots from eBay, but cheap boots are few and far between Wink If you're a person who isn't too fond of heels, try to get boots with a low heel. Mine are probably only an inch high, but you start to feel it after a few hours of trooping!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 13-05-2014, 08:13 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks satay, and hopfot.
(This post was last modified: 13-05-2014, 08:20 PM by Scoutjockie.)

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)