Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Lilium AshesLily's Season 2 Sabine

Offline Lilium Ashes Posted 18-07-2017, 09:06 PM -

Painted up my boots tonight. The boots are Campers that I happened to find on eBay second hand in my size. The soles were brown so I had to paint them up.

[Image: fSHXU5vl.jpg]
[Image: ceHlptDl.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 19-07-2017, 08:04 PM -
Tatooine Member

Impressive work! Looks like all the hard yards are really paying off.

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Lilium Ashes Posted 26-07-2017, 09:51 PM -

Small update, Ive dyed my wig.

The base wig is an Arda Magnum Classic wig in Emerald.
Lucky for me the base wig already had blue accents.

I started at the base layer and weft by weft I coloured in the roots of the wig with Ironlak's Oozie pen (alcohol based ink pens that are 23mm diameter) in Cyan and Dark Blue, starting first with the cyan and then darkening right at the root with the dark blue. Couple hours later I rinsed it with cold water till the water ran clear and waited for it to dry. Sharpie pen ink and rubbing alcohol in a spray bottle could also work for this, including colouring the wig with the pen, but I preferred the Oozie pens as it was easier to control and I could cover more area than a Sharpie. The ink does still rub a little, but once I had straightened the wig and sealed it with hairspray the rubbing is minimal.
[Image: erGCePll.jpg]
[Image: EAslQj2l.png]
[Image: 0hlyJMzl.jpg]
[Image: H2hTwAKl.jpg]

Admittedly this last photo is not the best lighting but you can see vaguely the colour and style of the wig.
[Image: Rwm7BZCl.jpg]

Bonus amour plated boot pic
[Image: fA4e56el.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Lilium Ashes Posted 08-08-2017, 07:28 PM -

Update! I received my top and pants in the mail from Jo at Eitanya Designs (https://www.facebook.com/EitanyaDesigns/), who has her own RL approved Sabine, and I am over the moon about them. I've also got gloves in the mail which should arrive soon. A few more things are painted up and ive started attaching and weathering different pieces. Progress has been a little slow as I'm waiting on paint to come back in stock. I also started on the leg flares which I hope to cast up in the next week or so.

[Image: jtSJce5l.jpg]
[Image: XDlgxP5l.jpg]
[Image: yEU78tDl.jpg]
*sneaky Jawa in the background
Back to top Find
Offline VickyVic Posted 08-08-2017, 08:28 PM -
Tatooine Member

This is looking so amazing!

Heroes are made by the paths they choose, not the powers they are graced with.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Moo Posted 09-08-2017, 05:52 AM -
Tatooine Member

Looks great!

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)