Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesStar Wars Merchandise (Aus style)

Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 08:12 AM -

Hey guys,

Long time no type! lol. Just had a quick question, would anyone know of any decent places in Aus that has a nice selection of SW merch?

I was just thinking about the new comics and books being announced, and I thought, I wonder if there would be a reliable place to grab those in house without looking to the states.

Then I got to wondering if there would be anywhere for broader merchandise? Like a one stop shop for SW stuff. Instead of finding bits and pieces in random stores, which are usually more toys than anything else anyways Sad

Feel free to let me know if you have any leads, or even just let me where you buy your own stuff Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 08:13 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 21-03-2015, 09:59 AM -
Tatooine Member

Toyworld in the City (Queen St Mall) has a good range of the more 'Adult Collectibles', like the expensive statuettes etc.

I haven't really come across any 'One Stop Shop' Star Was stores. It's probably good that I haven't. Haha.

There seems to be a lot more Merch available in those retro/gamer/gift/novelty stores that seem to be popping up more and more.

I guess it depends, if you're looking for something particular, it might be easier to find it online. Otherwise, just look through every store you're in, as sometimes the store you don't expect to have any Star Wars stuff, just might. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 21-03-2015, 10:23 AM -

Aside from the local comic store or the larger toyworlds that do offer collectables I go with Kings Comics in Sydney, specially when I see something cool and new that comes out. http://www.kingscomics.com/

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 10:26 AM -

Yeah I wouldn't imagine any physical stores having a wide range, but oh boy if they did!

Apparently comic book stores can be pretty good, so i'll have to scope out what brisbane has and head down there. Online is fine as well, looking at sites like mighty ape and just collectables has put me up to a decent start, it can just be hard to know what's a decent quality and what isn't, online! Too much to choose from!

The other thing would be to save money for conventions. Either way i'll check out toy world, completely forgot about them!

Thanks Jediprincess!
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 10:27 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 21-03-2015, 10:49 AM -
Tatooine Member

Yeah, whenever I'm in Town, I always go in and drool over the Toyworld cabinets. Haha.

Not all Toyworlds have the 'Collectible' range though.

And yes, you will find some good things if you go to a Supanova or other Convention.

When I was in the UK last year, I found some great stores with heaps of stuff. And attended some events that had amazing things.

The store that really gave me a brain meltdown though, was Pippens in Glasgow.
http://www.yelp.com.au/biz/pippens-toys-glasgow

The first time I went there, I had to walk out of the store like a Zombie without buying anything, because there were too many things that I wanted, and I just had to rock in the corner for a moment. Haha. Now each time I go there, I come away with something every time. They might post if you're after something specific. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 12:03 PM -

Thanks for the heads up on pippins! Doesn't seem to anything showing up under SW right now, but they're bookmarked!

Literally spent all of the last 2 hours researching, I've landed on Kotobukiya for statues, and the 2014 black series by Hasbro is an awesome line of figures! Just in case anyone wants to know, haha.

E.g http://www.amazon.com/Kotobukiya-Star-Wa...B004AAWYW8

^I need it, lol.

Only thing now is deciding between merch or purchasing what would be the next step in completing my generic jedi set (but it might be some time before I find what I need at a decent price) :S

Sorry Mortogg somehow missed your earlier comment completely, but i'll check kings comics out as well!
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 12:12 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 30-03-2015, 10:07 AM -

Well look who showed up Smile

[Image: 20150330_091749_zpsztrdeb7w.jpg]

[Image: 20150330_092807_zpsdweah1tb.jpg]

So happy!
Back to top Find
Offline crypto Posted 31-03-2015, 07:02 AM -
Tatooine Member

Popcultcha Australia ... http://www.popcultcha.com.au/

They have heaps of different bits and pieces from high end collectable to lunch boxes.

The good thing with them is any order over $100 is free shipping/postage.
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 31-03-2015, 08:03 AM -

Thanks crypto Smile

Keeping them on the radar, haha. It's great how they have heaps of variety unlike a few other sites. Unfortunately they didn't have the Jango (AOTC) statue Tongue
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)