Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

MartyRHelmet question

Offline Apok Posted 13-03-2015, 05:26 AM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Not sure but I have plenty on hand if you need them.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 13-03-2015, 07:33 AM -

Check this link out. Someone else had asked a similar question.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/v...t+markings

From the above link. I'm going with this, sorta, to work out my decals. Tongue
Volund Starfire Wrote:[Image: 2454968199_0ca9c01003.jpg]

From the West End Games SWRPG, I can tell you what their interpretation of the symbols are.

1) These symbols are for kills. Normal V marks are five kills. V marks with yellow are 20 kills. The V marks with the red disks are 50 kills.

2) These are bomber qualification marks. Basically, they mean you are trained on Fighter Bombers (Y- and B-Wings).

3) These symbols are for the pilot's training. Not sure what they mean, but the symbols is the symbol of the Carida Academy.

4) These symbols are for Capital Ship Kills. They are typically seen on Y- and B-Wing pilots. Their coloring is similar to that of the V disks. Black for 1, yellow for 5, and red for 20.

5) This was the symbol the Rebels adopted to symbolize the destruction of Yavin.

6, 7) These are Squadron marks.

8) The Rebel Starbird.
(This post was last modified: 13-03-2015, 07:41 AM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline MartyR Posted 13-03-2015, 07:56 AM -
Rookie

Thanks hoppy, apok, I don't suppose you've got any of those bomber decals kicking about? (2) on hopfot's sheet
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 13-03-2015, 08:07 AM -

So that is what they are, knew the nickname for the Yavin one was the sliced onion Tongue

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Apok Posted 13-03-2015, 10:40 AM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Unfortunately no.

I have the numbers 1, 5 and red and blue 8's. If I ever finish my helmet moulds I will get all of them done.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 18-03-2015, 05:57 PM -
Public Relations Officer

(13-03-2015, 07:56 AM)MartyR Wrote: Thanks hoppy, apok, I don't suppose you've got any of those bomber decals kicking about? (2) on hopfot's sheet

Hi Marty
Looking forward to seeing your helmet design. Have you got a kit or making it yourself?

I have a few of the bomber decals left over from my helmet design I think, I can have a look if you are after some.
Back to top Find
Offline MartyR Posted 18-03-2015, 08:40 PM -
Rookie

Hey Rach
Yeah I got a kit helmet I want to try and build this weekend, I think I've got my design worked out I'm just trying to decide on colours. If you have left over bomber decals that would be great, just shoot me a pm and let me know what you want for them! I'm after 2.
Back to top Find
Offline MartyR Posted 22-03-2015, 08:30 PM -
Rookie

Ok helmet is trimmed. bonus question time,

Did you prep your helmet for painting or just paint straight on?
Does your visor move?
Also what did you use to glue it together?

I've got a rough design in place I'll just have to photobucket it up

[Image: DBED75B5-2FD3-46E5-B46D-3DFED2B7D6B1_zpsluhx3pyz.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 22-03-2015, 08:53 PM by MartyR.)
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 22-03-2015, 09:19 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Marty I will PM you.

Does your visor move?
Also what did you use to glue it together?

Yes to an undercoat. Wet n dry sandpaper afterwards before the white coat.
Yes my visor moves, but I bought a Darthair kit which allowed for the visor to be fitted to move up and down. Here is a tutorial from the maker on how to make your visor move. Not sure if your visor pieces are compatible, but have a look at the video.

Check out Darthair's YouTube page - he has several tutorials on how to assemble his own xwing kit, including a specific one on how to make a movable visor. Last year 5 of us making his kits used his videos to assemble our kits. Thoroughly recommend them.

https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC6XO4c8...KeLKL3adDw

Glue for assembling the helmet pieces and mohawk? We used Loctite Supaglue in the small blue and grey bottles (Bunnings), the bottles were small so we used a few bottles for each helmet kit. You'll also need some clamps to hold the pieces in place, esp the Mohawk being curved its hard to hold it in place while the glue dries.

Hope that helps!
Back to top Find
Offline MartyR Posted 23-03-2015, 06:05 AM -
Rookie

That helps a lot, thanks Rach.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)