Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

MartyRHelmet question

Offline MartyR Posted 11-03-2015, 02:04 PM -
Rookie

So keeping in mind the requirements for the decals on the helmet are

-Paint scheme, including pin stripping and decorations should resemble those seen in the films. Blatant “modern-world” or other sci-fi-fantasy genre images/designs are NOT permitted. Helmets should look as though they belong in the Death Star Trench sequence

Can we put our own design on the helmet, or are we restricted to a design from the cannon

Can it be 'clean' or does it need to be weathered?

Cheers guys
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 11-03-2015, 04:28 PM -

First off, I've determined with my keen sherlock intellect that you are refering to an X-Wing helmet. Tongue (Although just kidding it's obvious Laugh )

(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)MartyR Wrote: Can we put our own design on the helmet, or are we restricted to a design from the cannon
Yes, you can do your own design, why you should see our XO's and Squad Captain's Helmet, it's awesome (y)

(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)MartyR Wrote: Can it be 'clean' or does it need to be weathered?
Weathered is preffered, and honestly looks a LOT better than clean. Clean looks like a rookie who wouldn't last 5 minutes in a fire fight. Weathered looks like you've seen action. But everyone has there own preference. Wink

Now I'll ask someone who is more approved to confirm my answers. Tongue

Namely Mammasith, our resident Base MO and someone who I think has helped put together some X-Wing Helmets. Tongue

(11-03-2015, 04:28 PM)Hopfot Wrote:
(11-03-2015, 02:04 PM)MartyR Wrote: Can it be 'clean' or does it need to be weathered?
Weathered is preffered, and honestly looks a LOT better than clean. Clean looks like a rookie who wouldn't last 5 minutes in a fire fight. Weathered looks like you've seen action. But everyone has there own preference. Wink

In saying this though, I want to do my helmet clean / un-weathered. Cause I really like my design I've done. But I'll be weathering it up. Might do another helmet down track. A clean one. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 11-03-2015, 04:58 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 11-03-2015, 07:05 PM -

There is quite a large variety of styles you can paint your helmet as long as it follows the set CRL's and looks like it would appear in the trench run with a star wars feel.. Here are a few good examples from over on the Rebel page.

http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/v...sc&start=0

One good way is to draw out your idea before hand and ask some of are local pilots what they think too.

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Hopfot Posted 11-03-2015, 07:22 PM -

Just came across these templates that could help you out with designing.
http://www.forum.rebellegion.com/forum/v...hp?t=11481

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Apok Posted 11-03-2015, 08:26 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Hey mate.

I am hoping to have a thread up where pilots can show off their helmets they have in our squadron.

Just figuring the template and getting the time. Hoping this Sunday. That should get you some great ideas.

I look forward to seeing you in the skies.

Apok
Squadron Leader
Drop Bear Squadron
"Death from Above!"
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 11-03-2015, 09:19 PM -

I've just posted this thread with links to Helmet templates for designing if it's any help. Wink
http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=971

Back to top WWW Find
Offline MartyR Posted 12-03-2015, 07:28 AM -
Rookie

Thanks guys, I think I will do a design and post it first, sounds safest and honestly I'm not sure where I'm going yet, but I was thinking ep 4 y-wing at this stage. I might start with a clean design (technically being a rookie) and weather it after a few troops.

Thanks for your help and links guys
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 12-03-2015, 09:18 AM -

That actually sounds like a nice plan. Look forward to seeing what you come up with. Meanwhile I'll be redoing mine too. Lost all my designs when my other laptop died. Tongue

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Apok Posted 12-03-2015, 04:39 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

My advice would be if you are going to spend the money on a helmet you may as well do an awesome design on it. Just because you are new doesn't mean your character has to be. Spend the time and get a design that you want.
Back to top Find
Offline MartyR Posted 12-03-2015, 09:41 PM -
Rookie

Ok next question, the decal on a lot of rebel helmets, the circle with the lines running through it, what is it? What does it mean? Still deciding if it'll make the cut
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
3 Guest(s)