Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ChewieDream Night December 6th, 2012

Offline Chewie Posted 07-12-2012, 12:10 AM -

With a new, clean forum lets start with something positive (I know that is hard hearing that from me and please forgive me not doing the proper report but I'm giving more of a photo link), Dream Night is over and we bought smiles and joy to a lot of boys and girls, while having some fun along the way. With the help of Rebel Legion, Southern Cross Garrison, Novus Ordo, R2 Builders and TAG, we ensured that all the children had the extra time of their lives.

I wasn't able to get the whole group photo but I do have the Rebel Legion photo. All my photos of this event are on the link below. On a side note, if I didn't like getting into my outfits I would be content to just take photos.

http://s309.beta.photobucket.com/user/st...8034274222

[Image: IMG_8476.jpg]
Back to top WWW Find
Offline stormraven Posted 07-12-2012, 07:50 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Looks like it was a good night. Applause great work guys
Back to top Find
Offline imperial_brick Posted 07-12-2012, 07:52 AM -
Rebel Legion Member

Good stuff guys you looked great
Back to top Find
Offline _Master_Skywalker_ Posted 07-12-2012, 08:35 AM -
Rebel Legion Member

Great stuff guysCheers
Back to top Find
Offline Moxxxie Posted 07-12-2012, 12:08 PM -
Base Websmith

that poor tuscan is outnumbered!!

good work lads and lasses
Back to top Find
Offline Fyr Mureys Posted 07-12-2012, 12:48 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

The night was a heap of fun. Adam was away, and he's the contact person for this event, so it is left to us to provide a mission report. Bear with me, as this is my first ever attempt to write one, Wink

Dream Night
Taronga Zoo, Sydney.
Thursday 6th December, 2012

The Zoo opened its doors for special need kids and their family on the 6 th December 2012, these kids include Autism society, star light, Red Kite , Down syndrome society and several others

We were kitted up for a 5:30pm start, and finished up around 9:30 pm. Memorable moments included Jedi attacking Darth Vader riding a T-Rex, tie fighter pilots hiding from a little girl, Biker Scouts on Harley's, and some great group photos. After dark Jedi with lightsabers assisted staff in herding the crowds out of the Zoo. After we got changed we headed up to Mosman McDonalds for a post-troop dinner and chat. It was great to see old friends and meet new ones!

The below list is as accurate as I can get from comparing the pre-attendance list to memory. Adam will have to confirm with the sign-on sheet, as I don't know all the 501st and other group members.

Rebel Legion
Jedi Darth Barry
Jedi. Swiv
Jedi Fyr
Jedi Ahsoka

501st Legion Southern Cross Garrison
TK Dave J (RL member)
T Pilot Dashy (RL member)
Tusken G-edi (RL member)
TK Snowbal
TK Pat'ika
Republic Commando - Scorch Obickay
Photo wrangler Sarah1968
Vader Duffman
TB Rev
Imp officer Felix
Imp officer Refiran
Jawa Whisperfal
Tie Pilot Black knight
TK Wagga Tragic
TK Elwyn D-Generate
Jawa Beverly
Emperor Nathan
Sith Lord Darth Talon Doc - Girlfriend

501st Legion Terror Australis Garrison
Grey Jedi VPeir
Imp Officer Rogue Shadow
TK mgraeme

Novus Ordo
Old Ben Old Ben
Shmi Shmi
TK Paul
Jango Fett Michael P

R2 Builders
Alex R2 Orange
George R2D2 Han Solo
Fergus R2 Droid

Zoo Staff
TB Belinda
Jedi Daryl
Wrangler Phil
Back to top Find
Offline Moxxxie Posted 07-12-2012, 03:17 PM -
Base Websmith

cool report! Huge attendance! sounds like something to aim for for 2013
Back to top Find
Offline Adam.S Posted 07-12-2012, 10:13 PM -
Rebel Legion Member

Hey Swiv,
Thanks for the photos .
I feel very honored to have organized one of the most positive and successful troops for Rebel Legion ever in NSW .
Thank you all that participated for you good will,assistance leading up to this troop, your integrity and willingness to work along side all the other groups .
We had RL, SCG 501st , NO ,TAG and the R2 builders club and by the talk at work today you all done us very proud.
THANK YOU for your support guys .
For all others it can be done and we did it .
Thank you again .

Yep Moxxie it was a good attendace a few no shows but thats always to be expected, having the diversity across the clubs makes it a very special troop, and thats my specialty LOL, getting every one together for such an awesome event.
Dream Night is my Yearly event, we at the Zoo open our doors to a variety of charitys , every one gets in free of charge with their families ( the charity groups), and all the staff volunteer there time to make it such a special night for our visitors. Not a cent is made for the Zoo.
We celebrate it on the first Thursday in December every year and its an international event, created in Europe.
I like to open my doors up to all the costuming clubs as they all have lots to contribute and share to the public, all egos,differences are left on the keyboards at home LOL.
This year I couldnt stay and I left as the guys where all checking in( very nervous I was) , as it was my daughters graduation from preschool, and all the guys and girls did a tremendous and professional job, I take my bucket off to them.

The guys bought extra sabres for photo opps for the kids , which my work collegues just loved.
This night at the Zoo isnt just for the kids, but their families as well and our staff tjust open their hearts to all these guys.
I know many a trooper that has shed a tear under their buckets at this troop.
It my favourite day of the year at the Zoo.
Ok ill stop rambeling , but im just very proud of the guys and am so happy to have provided them with a great night.

Adam.S
Back to top Find
Offline davej Posted 09-12-2012, 09:24 PM -

(07-12-2012, 12:48 PM)Fyr Mureys Wrote: Bear with me, as this is my first ever attempt to write one, Wink

Not at all bad for your first time Smile

Was a great night. As always, the kids were amazing, the venue was awesome, and the event was worthy.
The feed afterwards was pretty good as well. Was great to sit down and have a chat with some previously unmet folk Smile
Adam, thanks for sorting it for us again.

New Forum, I'll have to sort a new sig!!
Back to top Find
Offline Chewie Posted 10-12-2012, 12:04 AM -

Full group photo.

Edit:-

Photo removed as requested by owner.
(This post was last modified: 10-12-2012, 01:06 PM by Chewie.)
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)