Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DuckVoting confidentiality?

Offline Duck Posted 03-10-2014, 09:44 AM -

This morning I find that my vote that I cast in the election with the understanding that it was confidential, actually was not! To say I am exceedingly angry about this is an understatement!!!

I believe all elections should be confidential or for the voter to at least have the choice to remain anonymous. You have violated my privacy and made relationships with friends strained. Thank you RL for creating a deeper them against us void!

THIS WILL BE THE LAST ELECTION I WILL PARTICIPATE IN

For the record, both candidates were friends. I studied and put much thought into both their responses. I liked the responses of one over the other and voted accordingly. I would like to say that my vote in not a reflection of sides, friendships, alliances - but simply who I think will be the best leader.

I DO NOT APPRECIATE BEING SHUNNED OR JUDGED BECAUSE OF A VOTE I CAST THAT WAS MADE PUCLIC.
SHAME ON RL on breaching confidentiality.

[Image: DZ-Duck_zps71cad252.gif]
:BN12::GCSN12::GCSN13:Big GrinW13:
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 03-10-2014, 11:03 AM -
Tatooine Member

RL has many times included the results after elections are over, some may remember the issues we had when Oigen election was on.

I have time and time again asked why elections/poll results are viewable in detail after the election process is completed and they always reply with its the way its meant to be.

i dont agree with it as it causes issues with members that vote as you say may have after effects such as friends removal on facebook or not attend troops with the each other.

however it helped the current RL LCO election to find that votes for a member by the same IP (meaning 1 member logged into many different members accounts and voted within minutes of each other for that one member) voting for one candidate, it was found and the election was suspended, but that has a complete different story to it.

You may not know but Angel the LCO resigned from the election on Monday but still no results yet.... stay tuned for that.

i have also asked the Suzijedi the Base Command Liaison whom setup the election for a complete explanation on why election result details are allowed to be viewed after election.
(This post was last modified: 03-10-2014, 11:16 AM by Sandman.)
Back to top Find
Offline Duck Posted 03-10-2014, 11:57 AM -

Thank you Beanie

Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 03-10-2014, 02:30 PM -

The RL really need to fix this. Every year this happened and has the same results and just seems stupid in my honest opinion to just be excepted. We can't be the only group saying this in all the RL

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Bullant Posted 03-10-2014, 06:41 PM -

And if you think that's bad, what about the admission from a sitting member of the previous year's council that he was "monitoring" the votes in the current LCO election as it was happening?

The whole system needs to be reworked, it is a joke.
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 03-10-2014, 07:03 PM -

That and a nice long list of things that are coming to light now that I'm reading up on whats been happening over in the Rebel Briefing part of the RL forums.. Though a lot of it we already new was happening from past years.

Why do clubs that do so much good work have to have so much Drama, infighting and power struggles. Can't we just make kids smile, is that so much to ask for?

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Duck Posted 05-10-2014, 07:53 AM -

People need to leave their egos in a box under their bed. Also to the person who deleted AND. Blocked me because I voted for Beanie. Shame on you, I have a right to vote for who I like, that is why we have elections. You need to take a very long hard look at yourself and knee jerk actions. To do that to your fellow troopers is not in the spirit of this costume club and really quite nasty. Perhaps you need to question your motives here. Are you here for trooping and commaraderi or are you here for your own agenda and ego?
(This post was last modified: 05-10-2014, 10:44 AM by Duck.)

Back to top Find
Offline Coey1459 Posted 06-10-2014, 09:52 AM -

I did not get the chance to vote as i'm still new but i think everyone needs to chill. there is no need for High School drama. if some one got voted in they must be doing the right job and if people are saying that they are not and the other person did not get in well that's how an election works. people vote and that's that. people deleting people on Facebook over it that's a bit harsh and sad
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)