Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

YompstaI'm New To The Group ...

Offline Yompsta Posted 27-09-2014, 02:33 AM -

Hi all Smile

I'm Yo and met your leader through #StarWarsChess (King George Square Games Night) that happened this Thursday just past. I acted as the White Queen AKA Princess Leia and was asked to join the group, so here I am… Truthfully, I'm more of a costume/cosplay fan than a Star Wars fan but I'm sure you'll educated me soon enough!

As I was given a hired outfit for the night (and apparently made it work) I've decided I should make my own, good thing I can sew; but I will need help making sure I have the right details, which shouldn't be too hard because I love making costumes as true as posable or going complete opposite and do my own thing.

Looking forward to meeting some of you (most likely in a costume creation session before anything else).
(^_^) YO

YO Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 27-09-2014, 06:52 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

welcome Yompsta ( you'll have to tell us the story behind that name ) I saw some pics of the Star Wars Chess night and yes you did make the costume work for you Applause If you want to do the Senatorial Leia have a look at this for the formal requirements. http://www.rebellegion.com/leia-organa-senatorial-gown/ But don't let this limit your choices there are plenty of other costumes to choose from.

Hopefully you can come along to an event sometime and have a chat to people about what costume you want to do, also there are plenty of people around who will be able to help you out, but if you are into cosplay your sewing skills should be a great asset already.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 27-09-2014, 08:58 AM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Yo! I was on your team for chess - I'm Rebelrach the Membership Officer, so glad you made it to the forums.

I thought you did a great job with your Star Wars knowledge, I wouldn't have known you weren't a 'big' fan but you're in the right place here.

Have a look at he link Stormraven has include above, these are the essential costume requirements I was explaining to you, you have to meet to have the Leia costume to the standard. If you can sew you won't have an worries with the smock, then it's the belt, boots and hair. We currently have 2 other ladies at different stages of making this costume and we have discussed possibly having a little working day to share info and get the new costumes going.

Have a read of the costume requirements and you could even start looking for boots now in the sales...

Great to see you here, you really did a fantastic job as Leia before it would be great to see you in The Alliance!! Welcome!
(This post was last modified: 27-09-2014, 10:14 PM by Rebelrach.)
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 27-09-2014, 01:18 PM -
Tatooine Member

WELCOME to the forums YOMPSTA,
I look forward to seeing your costume progress and meeting you on a future troop.

[Image: RLscoutjockiesig-1_zpstc1nzeyx.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Yompsta Posted 27-09-2014, 04:41 PM -

(^_^) The name Yompsta came from a mix of my name and the word monster; I invented it years ago when I was trying to think of a character name for a zombie game …

As for the costume - I'll definitely read the requirements and check out other people's work to get a good idea on where to start. I think finding boots in my size is going to be the hardest since I'm a size 5-ish depending on the brand.

YO Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 27-09-2014, 08:53 PM -

Welcome to Tatooine Base Yompsta. Good name by the way. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 28-09-2014, 09:32 PM -

Welcome Yo! Great to have you on board. I don't think boots will be too hard to find. It's bigger boots that are more difficult! Normally overseas suppliers are your best bet Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 29-09-2014, 10:40 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hello and welcome to the forums, we got a few great events coming up inc Brisbricks this weekend at Chandler if you want to pop in and say hi!
Back to top Find
Offline Yompsta Posted 29-09-2014, 01:21 PM -

@Sadman - NEAT! I already have things booked on the weekend but I should be able to swing by on Monday …
@ Satay - Thanks Big Grin I'll check out my options when I'm closer to making an outfit.
@ Everyone - thanks for the warm welcome. I'm liking the vibe you guys have so will probably stick around for ages *evil lol* there's no getting rid of me now!!! Tongue But on a serious note, thanks! Also - last night I volunteered for supanova since I'm not sure I would have a costume in time to join you ...

YO Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline sarah Posted 26-05-2018, 01:25 PM -

I'm not a tailor.I can't make clothes myself.I found Cosmanles store occasionally.I bought Star Wars: The Last Jedi Rey Cosplay Costume at Cosmanles.The link is :https://www.cosmanles.com/star-wars.html .The material and colors were great and the stitch work was top notch.
(This post was last modified: 26-05-2018, 01:26 PM by sarah.)
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)