Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Vagin Sillk-MaacIntro - met at comic con just want to say hi

Offline Vagin Sillk-Maac Posted 13-09-2014, 10:02 PM -
Tatooine Executive Officer
Base XO

Hi, I met a few members last Saturday at comic con and have an application in to register my jedi costume, hope to hear back soon.

My real name is Gavin MacAskill ,Vagin Sillk-Maac is an anagram of my name but I have noted a lot of Star Wars names have the double letters (Plo Koon, Asajj Ventress,Count Dooku,Saesee Tiin,Shaak Ti and the kicker Barriss Offee) so based the name around the double L and double A.

My Star Wars story is like a lot of yours I guess at least those of you around my age , I was born in 1973 and was only 4 when my uncle Bob took me to see Star Wars at the movies , he also took me to see Empire , my mum took me to see Jedi.
Like most people I remember very little from my childhood but those moments have stuck with me.
As a child I would save my pocket money for Star Wars toys and everyone knew what I wanted for Xmas and birthdays.
Now that I'm older not much has changed, I'm still saving my money for Star Wars "Toys" and everyone still knows what I want for Xmas and birthdays.

I'm happily married with 2 children and 4 grandchildren aged 6,4,3 and 2, all of them Star Wars fans, thanks to poppy, I can't wait to take them to see episode 7.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 13-09-2014, 10:21 PM -

G'day's again Gavin. Glad to see you got my message. Wink
Welcome to Tatooine Base and good luck on the approval.

Just had a quick look at your pic. As I said on the main forums. I think you're a shoe in for approval. Within a fraction of a second of looking at that first pic I thought that. But we'll wait for what the judges say. Wink
(This post was last modified: 13-09-2014, 10:25 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline stormraven Posted 13-09-2014, 10:40 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Welcome to the TB forums Vagin Cool Keep an eye on the events page and if you are able to make it along to one you will be welcome to attend ( even if you haven'y been formally approved ) and meet a few more of the Base members and to get an up close look at what we do.
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 14-09-2014, 06:29 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi there Gavin and welcome to Tatooine Base.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 14-09-2014, 09:05 AM -

Hello and welcome! Always great to have new members on board who are so passionate about Star Wars. Look forward to seeing you at a troop soon Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 14-09-2014, 10:28 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Gavin,
Lovely to meet and chat with you and your family at Oz Con the other weekend.
Great you have the feedback on your application and are well underway with the 'upgrades'.
Looking forward to you joining the ranks soon, and keep in touch with any queries you may have!
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 17-09-2014, 06:02 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Gavin,
It was great to meet you on the weekend, hope to see you trooping with us all soon.

[Image: RLscoutjockiesig-1_zpstc1nzeyx.jpg]
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)