Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Sandman3 events needing POC & interest

Offline Sandman Posted 29-05-2014, 02:15 PM -
Tatooine Member

Members,

im looking for 2 members can be the same person to coordinate and be Point of Contact (POC) for Blood Donation events coming up soon.

World Blood Drive Day
Participate in World Blood Drive Day on Saturday, June 14. basically get as many members in costumes and roll up the sleeve and donate blood or just encourage the public during the donation.
The POC for this event will coordinate with Hoth Base as the request has come from them as they have planned to do a nation wide donation day.

Red Cross Blood Drive - Father's Day

Date: TBC for media photographs (will be in advance of Sunday, 7th September 2014), but 7th September for all character donors and supporters

Troopers Required : Luke Skywalker (for main media photo) along with any other supporting characters. Note the theme/target audience for the Father's Day Blood Drive, is 'Fathers and sons'. Hence for promotion they are seeking a Luke Skywalker looking character from RL, and Darth Vader from 501st.

Notes: Although this event isn't until September, due to Blood Donors having to wait 3 months between whole blood appointment, the Trooper that volunteers to donate as Luke Skywalker will need to register/book the donation appointment (as per World Blood Drive Day requirements) for Sunday, 7th September ASAP. Then once details of media photograph requirements and timing is communicated by the Red Cross Blood Service, the mission details will be updated and the affected people notified.

Start Wars Reads Day
Saturday, 11th October 2014
Location: TBA - Preferably a Library or Bookstore POC will need to find a Library!

Event Type : COMMUNITY - To promote Reading by way of Star Wars books

Notes: Through a similar event in the USA, which was initiated and is co-ordinated by Ryder Windham (Star Wars Author/Writer/Editor), Ryder has contacted his DK Publishing contact, who provides promotional items to giveaway to young fans during the event, to contact their local DK Publishing contact in Australia, in order for them to provide similar giveaways here via Steve Kelsall (Hoth Base).
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 30-05-2014, 02:45 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

I'll be happy to PoC for the World Blood Drive day event, and I would be also interested in doing the Star wars Reads Day one as well, but would need to check closer to the day.
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 30-05-2014, 08:59 AM -
Tatooine Member

ok cool, ill send details on to you, thanks for stepping up.
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 30-05-2014, 01:14 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

I just spoke to the Red Cross (just donated). They don't know anything about this Day. I think it is an American thing. I have been waiting for the DW hangover to leave my system.

I am speaking with the PR person to organise a group troop. Whichever way you guys want to go let me know. I would be looking at the 27th of June though to do this not the 14th.

Also this would be in conjunction with the Redback Garrison to try and get the Redback Garrison blood tally up for the Club Red group they have there. I will be organising the RBG blood drive this weekend for the 27th of June and it would be good to have both clubs donate. Jedi vs Sith as it were.

As for the 7th of September that is the B2B and OZ Comicon weekend. Maybe we could do another day the week after.

The main thing here is getting a day coordinated to donate not really the date. I donate plasma regularly and they hit me up for whole blood this time as they are desperate at the moment.
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 30-05-2014, 02:56 PM -
Tatooine Member

yeah, when i heard about this event i was a bit sceptical that no one in redbacks knew about this event and even YOU Adam. Lets just go with the one we always do rather then try and start something new an unknown.
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 30-05-2014, 08:23 PM -

I heard about it as an American thing that they are trying to get world wide but the Red Cross no nothing about it. Bryan if you ate happy for me to take this over I'll get up on the forum after I square it away with the Red Cross.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 30-05-2014, 10:02 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Guys this request came from Hoth base member Steven Kelsell via our public Facebook page.

Whatever is arranged up here can he be kept in the loop please?
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 31-05-2014, 02:03 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

No worries guys, I had seen this up on a few different US Base and Garrison feeds but had just assumed they were trying to make it a true world wide ( as opposed to US world wide ) event.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 03-06-2014, 10:33 PM -
Public Relations Officer

So is anyone up for this? Steve is after numbers....he'd like us to invite the other Qld clubs to participate...does anyone want to take this on and invite the others??
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 04-06-2014, 06:47 AM -

I am waiting for red cross to let me know how we can do this. Should have an answer today.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)