Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ScoutjockieNew jedi

Offline Scoutjockie Posted 14-05-2014, 09:35 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks everyone, I'll go on the red back garrison later and have a look, I didn't have the pleasure in meeting sniper, but hear he was a lovely person.

[Image: RLscoutjockiesig-1_zpstc1nzeyx.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 15-05-2014, 06:00 AM -

"Noooooo, the Ultimate FX sabers that you get from Toys 'R' Us are considered toys and will not be accepted by a Costume Judge. The sabers that are acceptable are the Force FX sabers and most independent saber makers (Ultrasabers, Vader's Vault, etc). Just an FYI Smile"

Well I can still quote stone age style. I see where I was confused! The names are so similar :S

5. Lightsaber: (No toy sabers, no Ultimate FX short saber).

I'll just be crawling back into my box then, until i'm ready for the trials...
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 15-05-2014, 03:35 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ok so I've now got pants and have cut out the outer tunic, bought and cut out the tabards, which I am making out of suede.
Pics to come

Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 15-05-2014, 04:11 PM -

oooh, suede tabbards, sounds nice. Tongue

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 16-05-2014, 12:42 PM -
Tatooine Member

I have question, I really like the look at the sabers on ultra sabers, does anyone have one of these? And what did you think of it when you got it? also the service that they gave you, fast easy any problems..

Cheers

Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 16-05-2014, 12:46 PM -

(16-05-2014, 12:42 PM)Scoutjockie Wrote: I have question, I really like the look at the sabers on ultra sabers, does anyone have one of these? And what did you think of it when you got it? also the service that they gave you, fast easy any problems..

Cheers

I posted this in another thread about my experience with Ultrasabers:

(10-05-2014, 08:18 PM)Satay Wrote: I'm going to be honest, when my sabers for Ahsoka arrived, one was malfunctioning. It kept turning itself off and when I checked the battery pack, it was hot to the touch and smoking slightly. I emailed Ultrasabers straight away and the response I got was ... dubious. It came across as very "I don't believe you". I had to pay to ship it back to them for repairs (pretty standard with most online purchases), but it still cost a neat little chunk. And when I received it back, it just had a hand scrawled note that basically said, "Fixed."

AND they charged me double postage, even though they shipped the sabers in the one box.

Based on their average customer service, I'd be hesitant to order from them again Indifferent

That said, they are great sabers and good quality. Alpha Prime ordered his before I ordered mine and had no issues whatsoever. I know this is the same for other members too. I think it's a 50-50 kind of gamble as to whether you'll have a good experience.

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 16-05-2014, 12:57 PM -

I like them. Of the 7 sabers I've bought, only 1 have I had any trouble with, and it was a Grab Bag saber which does have a disclaimer that the saber may have problems, So I would say they are pretty good.

However as Satay pointed out, others seem to have had bad experiences and others good experiences. as can be same said for any of the custom FX-Saber makers out there.

To add though, one of our members, Zerebin, has been teaching himself how to repair and modify Ultrasabers should any problems occur. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 16-05-2014, 01:11 PM -
Tatooine Member

Oh ok

Thanks heaps guys, good to know.

This is the belt that I got, it's the brown 1
(This post was last modified: 16-05-2014, 01:15 PM by Scoutjockie.)

Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 16-05-2014, 01:24 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

I have the brown belt. They are good.

If you get an Ultrasaber you can then bash people with it in SvJ. It is very therapeutic.
Back to top Find
Offline Scoutjockie Posted 16-05-2014, 03:37 PM -
Tatooine Member

yes i look for forward to that

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)