Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

ApokDW2014 Thank you thread

Offline Apok Posted 05-05-2014, 12:33 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

I think the thanks you thread is more important than the troop report so here it goes from me. If I miss anyone please don't be offended.

Firstly I want to thank you all for turning up. This is not an event without you all there.

I want to thank Kev, Cobra and Mox for all the phone calls they get through the year. Sometimes it is good to just vent and bounce ideas. Also the belief that we can keep making this a better event each year.

To my 3 2IC's Bullant, Oigen and Chief. OK I am learning to let go of a few things but in the last few weeks leading up to DW2014 you all stepped up.

Bullant with the raffle standing there pretty much for the whole weekend trying to coax the tally to that elusive $2000 mark and getting all the great prizes.

Oigen and Chief for going to the last minute PR stuff and organising the Sat night mixer. And the beers at the pub for a defrag session.

SideshowMel and Cobra for co-ordinating the troops yet again this year. It really is like herding cats!! Sorry for again having the TB MotoCoaster ruin the afternoon with another last minute time change. Without you two rallying the troops when needed we would have no one out there for photos.

TheWolf. Dave you went above and beyond this weekend. From manning the front gate for longer than you should have to being at the photo area either in costume or wrangling or just waving a tin in someones face you were there all weekend. You also once did the nice info pack brochure and the signage again this year.

Kev and Scope and all the bump in and bump out crew. This was the fastest I have seen it all get put and down at DW and we had another set with the TB banner. The extra time it takes you guys to get it all packed and then unpacked into trucks before it even gets on site it also amazing.

Draco and the SvJ team. Once again this is the jewel in the crown in my books. Notworthy This year I got to see first hand the time, effort and pain that goes into this showcase. Blood was once again spilt and many knuckles damaged as well as mild doses of concussion were inflicted on each other. For the members that cheered us all on we thank you as well. It really added to the fight.

All our spruikers and wranglers that made sure that the lines kept moving, the cash got collected and troopers didn't pass out or lose bits of armour along the way. Special mention for Deltorn and Beccyd. Both helped out for very long stints on the raffle table. Beccyd at the table said to me after me telling her to take a break. "We are here to raise money so that is what I am doing." Deltorn ran around like a loon looking out for troopers and manning the table as well.

To everyone that brought cakes and cookies and slices and mini quiches. Baytrooper you cookies are amazing. Enough to turn Chewie to the dark side I reckon. Candice you know I love those mini quiches!!

Mammasith and Madam Sith for again looking after the kids room. I heard no complaints from the Fairy show down stairs and all the kids seemed to be well behaved. Even if they are all monkeys Jig.

To all the GA kids. You guys rocked it this weekend. Personally I think you were better behaved than the adults. Thanks kids and we will see you all next year.....just a little taller. Doppeldaumen1

To Bec, Josh, Roy and Rodney from DW and Jarrod our almost resident filmographer. These guys and gal have been helping us over the years to get great photos, film footage, guard our stuff and make sure the tech side is running smoothly. You don't have to be a member to awesome sometimes.

A big congratulations to Wolf and Anna for their weeding. Thank you for wanting to share that special day with the garrison in such a public and awesome way. You both were thrown in the deep end with all the media thrust at you. You both handled yourselves with great dignity and aplomb. Rentsy you were ok Cheeky.

Thanks to all the interstate and international troopers that came to this event. Sure we have a lot of troopers in QLD, but when you all make the effort and pay for flights, accommodation and all the rest just to be here at the DW then that makes this event even more special. It is what this hobby is all about.

Thanks to the RL and Mando Mercs. Having both groups turn up to add to this event is also what the rest of the world should be striving to do. We are 3 separate clubs and we each have our own identities, but that doesn't mean we have to cannot have common goals and a whole lot of fun along the way. Working together like we do is something special and not to be taken lightly. I really couldn't be prouder of QLD as a state that takes pride in it's costumes, it's event and the fact that we respect each other as three different groups.

If I have forgotten anyone I am sorry. My brain is a lot dead right now and the body a little sore. For the 5th year for this event it was spectacular.

For all those wanting footage and photos from the two film teams that were about on Sunday we will be getting that over the next couple of weeks. Bec and Josh will do there usual late night photo dump and get us the links. I have all the raw footage from Jarrod already and will be sweet talking the Spaniard to do some editing. So this year we might actually have it all there for us within a month or two......I know amazeballs!!!!!

Roll on DW2015!!!!!!
(I must be an idiot!!!!)
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 06-05-2014, 11:03 AM -
Tatooine Member

Firstly, Id like to thank Adam, you have done an extraordinary job, once again putting on the greatest event in Australia and Southern Hemisphere. Dreamworld and its wonderful staff, thank you for having us for 5 years and looking forward to another 5!

Bec and Josh and all the official photographers we love you and thank you!

To Kevin and his command staff inc all prop makers and bump in/outs teams, for sharing the event not as different groups but a collective starwars fan club! Thank you for what you have done to make this an enjoyable troop for us!

To all the members that have traveled long and far again or for the first time, Welcome and thank you for visiting and experiencing the amazing weekend, we are honored to have you here, and hope you tell your fellow troopers and return next year.

And to the members of Tatooine, Redbacks and Mando Mercs, trooping either day or both, in the parades, Jedi academy, TB Ride, SvJ, on the stands, at the booths, roaming around and wherever, and of coarse the helpers and the wranglers, I PERSONALLY THANK YOU EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 06-05-2014, 12:32 PM -

This was my first DW troop and I think it's the best troop I've ever had! Bring on 2015 Cool

Thank you to everyone in the Rebel Legion Tatooine Base, Redback Garrison - 501st Legion and Mando Mercs who helped organise, troop, wrangle or lend a hand to make this weekend awesome. You're all rockstars! Rock on

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 07-05-2014, 09:29 PM -

I'm just going to say thanks to everyone involved. It's easier than trying to remember the awesome blur that is DW troop. Tongue

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Kit Daeme Posted 08-05-2014, 09:18 PM -
Tatooine Member

This was also my first DW troop and I think it's the best troop I've ever been a part of! I'm so looking forward to 2015
Applause
Thank you to all of you who looked out for us newbies and made us feel welcome and making us a part of this amazing family.
Saber Duel Deathstar 10/10

[Image: RebelLegionSigBar_zps25a2663e.gif]
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)