Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Classic Leia

Abimused Posted 01-05-2014, 03:01 PM -

So I thought it would be a good idea to start a thread here as a way of motivating me to finish my costume!

A quick history:
This is my 4th version of this costume and hopefully my last and most accurate. I did most of the work on it WAY back in 2009, intending to finish it for Melb Armageddon that year. Unfortunately, I made a rookie mistake of sewing the dress and lining inside out, and didn't have the time to unpick it. So it got stuffed back into my costume containers and there it has sat ever since.

So here's a quick pic of where I am right now:
[Image: 10325741_10152361682744817_6862691277498928154_n.jpg]

I know, it's a giant white sack Tongue But having not seen it in 5 years, it's not as bad as I'd thought! Actually, only 1 half of the hem need to be unpicked, so it's not a big job at all. Hooray!

So the steps from here:

- Unpick the wrong stitching
- Sew the hem and splits correctly
- Cut out and hem the hood
- Attach the hood and collar
- Make a new belt
- Style a wig

So really, not too bad at all. Though at the moment, money is pretty tight, so I'm not sure when I'll be able to spring for the wig and belt materials. But at least the dress will be done! I'd also like to find some better boots, as my current ones are a little tight. So if you see any reasonably priced white boots around the place (under $50!), please let me know! Big Grin
Offline Jediprincess Posted 01-05-2014, 03:19 PM -
Tatooine Member

Good on you for getting back onto it.

I know I have a few costumes 'sitting in a box' somewhere, waiting for me to get back onto them, including a classic Leia like this one. Smile

You'll find you finish it in no time. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline stormraven Posted 01-05-2014, 05:41 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

It doesn't look too bad at all Abi. Smile Talk to Mamasith she has done one of these Leia's and she may be able to give you some pointers on some items.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 01-05-2014, 09:42 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Welcome back Abi! A classic Leia is most welcome....we'll all keep an eye out for some white boots for you.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)