Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 26-03-2015, 05:26 PM -

Guys I really appreciate the effort! I was mainly referring to A and D/C, A seems to result from me folding the outer tunic one way and D/C the other. I didn't think of B at the time of posting (but Iv'e noticed it before), although I guess B was a fitting issue as well. So just to recap I was talking about A/D/C, but if I could get B sorted as well, that would be great.

I kinda figured all of the above problems were somewhat minor issues, and in talking to other members in the states, a few suggested cutting the collar trim to avoid A/D/C from occurring, one suggestion I liked being this:

[Image: OT%20Trim%20Fix_zpsuke4jl8a.jpg]

^Look to the far left image, I figured that would sort those problems.

Just remembered how B occurs as well, at the event I had troubles with safety pins holding my tabards; often I was trying to pull the tabards at the front as they kept folding over (again an issue I think I have at least plans to fix), so B is not a huge issue, just need the tabards sorted as well.

I should be going to Nova this year (family members know Manu Bennet it turns out), so I'd be able to talk to anyone that can make it there, if not I'd be able to make it to mammasith's at some point down the line, just a matter of finding the time!

Again, thanks for the effort and great editing Hopfot!
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 26-03-2015, 07:55 PM -

No worries. Basic photoshop Tongue
Um all those problems shouldn't need to be fixed with a trimm. It can really just be the way it's sitting. But without looking at it all in person, I can't tell to well.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 26-03-2015, 08:03 PM -

Totally fair enough, I also kinda get the feeling that with these tunics that once one thing falls outta place; a few things then will. If that makes sense, lol. Either way though, it'll get there eventually and I'm just glad you guys have stopped me from making any unnecessary/irreversible changes Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 26-03-2015, 08:32 PM -

Always remember, you take away but you can't put on. or something like that. Tongue

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-04-2015, 10:17 AM -

Well guys here it is, my lightsaber.
After a year of on and off work Iv'e finally finished up the shroud Big Grin

Pics

[Image: 20150421_094710_zpspkdfy0ph.jpg]

[Image: 20150421_094742_zpsqkqz0hyh.jpg]

[Image: 20150421_094811_zpsdskhiq76.jpg]

[Image: 20150421_094835_zpsomkn2ka2.jpg]

Now of course there is still a bit of work to do, gotta cut the pommel at some stage, attach a switch and covertec wheel (probably through the shroud), powder coat the shroud (thinking white), and add the planned leather.

But for now at least I have it at a stage where it can accompany my costume Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-04-2015, 10:19 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 21-04-2015, 01:47 PM -

Thats one sexy saber

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Dimes Posted 22-04-2015, 11:06 AM -

Been thinking about colour scheme for it, and I want to make sure what I do is inline with RL guidelines,

So with that in mind I'm considering two options

1. This would be my least preferred option because I don't think it offers great contrast with the shroud/outter layer (note: the shroud will be white).

[Image: SH23_zpsxc1thmdl.jpg]

[Image: B252_zps3kwbazot.jpg]

So in short the thinner lines are what would be coloured, but please note I am thinking black not red, lol (these pics are off the site I bought the parts).

2. This option is what I would prefer because I think it offers more contrast, it's pretty much the opposite to the above, but I think it might clash with RL guidelines by having too much black covering the saber?

[Image: SH22_zpsltrdbvmj.jpg]

For the emitter imagine what is not painted above, would be painted in this option.

So in short the second option means more black, but would it be too much for RL standards?
Of course what I go with may depend on what I can do myself, but right now 2 is my preferred option Smile

Any feedback would be grand Big Grin

Edit: Had a good look around and I can't see anything that outlines colour standards for hilts (just blades), so I'm guessing whatever is ok, but still some further thoughts on this would be great Smile
(This post was last modified: 22-04-2015, 11:20 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 22-04-2015, 11:42 PM -

I'm more of a fan of the red highlights myself, but think that is a cool idea for the saber. I don't believe I have seen anything about restrictions on a lightsaber aside from the colour of the blade and am sure I have seen a full red hilt like what you are looking to do done before somewhere in the legion.

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Dimes Posted 23-04-2015, 06:01 AM -

Thanks Mortogg Smile

Yeah I still haven't seen anything that says it would be against regulations, I suppose even Qui Gon's saber was predominantly black, so I should be fine! Even if it is a problem, i'll just turn to the dark side and use the red then Tongue
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 23-04-2015, 09:57 AM -

Mortogg stole the words right from my mouth. That is one very sexy saber.

Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)