Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 10-09-2014, 06:41 AM -

Hahaha thanks guys! Hopefully the next run at it won't just skim the surface Tongue
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-10-2014, 01:13 PM -

Hi all,
In the context of the time it has taken for me to come this far, I have one almighty update

"Why hello what have we here" *Lando face* (You might say)

We have this! (Clue: It's not my computer or academic transcript)

[Image: 20141021_125745_zps694f3f28.jpg]

[Image: 20141021_131428_zps48135127.jpg]

I am of course very happy right now!
I may also be expecting some boots soon as well Big Grin

Thanks all Smile
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2014, 01:14 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 21-10-2014, 04:34 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Looking good Dimes Applause I hope to see you finished soon Cool
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-10-2014, 07:59 PM -

Haha, as do I!

I'll be pretty dang close with these boots, all i'll have to do is apply snaps and such to keep the tunic together. The only other things is my saber, which is wayyyyyyyyyy off being finished to a level that I would be happy with; so that might be the thing that slows me down a bit yet. HOPEFULLY when that is done, Thunderbirds will be go Tongue

Being ready for Brisbane Nova would be a nice surprise, but it's still looking unlikely unfortunately. GC NOVA next year would be the most realistic finish point, but I may be moving some way away next year to follow my studies :0
(This post was last modified: 21-10-2014, 08:00 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 08:21 AM -

Hey all,

Just popped my head in so I thought I'd just update the situation. Things have been real slow since last I gave an update. Uni has been off the rails, mix that with moving round a bunch; tends to result in no money or time to keep things moving. Also thought I'm pretty young, so no rush, lol.

Only real thing to kind of report is that my saber has been getting there, slowly but surely. Money has been gradually improving as well, so if I can keep that up I may have enough set aside to jump on some boots, even paying a bit more to go local (horse riding boots or something). I guess on that point as well, with things getting to cool down soon, would I have much chance grabbing any boots for like under $100?

I suppose if I'm being dead realistic on a timeline, My absolute goal is to have everything done by Ep 7's release, robe and all! But we'll see!
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 21-03-2015, 10:17 AM -

Great to see you're still powering on Dimes. Will be great to see you up and trooping soon Big Grin

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 12:14 PM -

Well after finding out that my power bill is somehow cheaper living with 2 people (compared to when I was living on my own), I might just be able to start looking for what I need again!

EDIT: So I started looking at boots again, unfortunately most of what I had bookmarked had either gone up in price or had become unavailable, so I started a search again and found these.

I would of been happy spending a bit more this time like $70-$80, but because of the time of year (I'm assuming) Iv'e had a pretty hard time finding just about anything in Brown (my belt is brown).

But I did find these:

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fashion-B...42166.html

http://www.ebay.com.au/itm/281422582194?...EBIDX%3AIT

The first set would be my preferred simply because I think I can get much quicker shipping. I'll hold off from ordering just in case anyone has any better suggestions.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 02:37 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 21-03-2015, 06:11 PM -

Hi Dimes, great to see you're still at it. Real Life does have a tendacy to get in the way.

Another good one is Costume Creations by Robin at Supanova. They have nice brown Jedi boots, about $100-$120 I think, but they are good.
http://www.costumecreationsbyrobin.com.au/shoes

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 06:32 PM -

Robin's boots came up a while ago, definitely heard good things. Only thing is I'm no longer leaving close to his store, so i'd really have to go with delivery (assuming that he even delivers), and that might make things a little too expensive. Especially when there are some cheaper and probably higher risk options there.

On top of that I probably won't be able to make GC nova this year, so I wouldn't be able to buy from there either.

Thanks for the reminder though, Hopfot!
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 21-03-2015, 06:44 PM -

No worries. Not going to make it to GCN myself. Sad

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)