Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Hopfot Posted 22-07-2014, 07:42 AM -

Sounds awesome.
For the leather there is a place but I know not the name, hopefully someone else will speak up who does (West Coast comes to mind for some reason). Otherwise saddlery/equestrian stores is all I can think of.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline crypto Posted 23-07-2014, 07:40 AM -
Tatooine Member

East Coast Leathers is the place I think Hop means.

http://www.eastcoastleather.com.au/site/

Or there is Mac-Lace... who have all the belts and strips already cut up.

http://www.maclace.com.au/
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2014, 07:42 AM by crypto.)
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 23-07-2014, 10:54 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Several of us have had the basic formal Jedi approved and used the pants/tunic/tabbards/belt etc and added on, changed colours of tabbards etc and created another Jedi costume. A few members have 3 and 4 different Jedi costumes, but all using the basic Jedi parts.

Depending on if you want to get a basic formal Jedi approved and join the Base first, or proceed with the Jedi with extra leather etc. As always, its about time and money isn't it?!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 23-07-2014, 11:02 PM -

Have you considered using vinyl? I know, it's nowhere near as amazing as leather, but it can make a good substitute and it's pretty easy to work with. You can find it for pretty cheap at any fabric store (Spotlight, Lincraft, etc) or more industrial places like Clark Rubber Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-07-2014, 02:54 PM -

Thanks guys! Big Grin

Not 100% sure if I have any stores here horse related, but there is a spotlight Smile and thanks crypto those suggestions are awesome, belt blanks are already looking like they could do the job. I don't need much at all so price shouldn't be a major issue.

Saying that vinyl is also a great idea, or even any fake leather I suppose, i'll have to take a good look around the local stores.

I'd show you guys what I'm working on but it'll have to be a surprise, well at least for anyone here in the base that isn't a member of the FX or IRA forums.

Whoops almost forgot to reply to you as well Rach, but i'll definitely still be looking at getting my generic tunic done as soon as possible, I won't be getting to fancy with the tunic just yet (I want to be approved sooner rather than later). The leather is just for my saber Tongue It's been the one thing that has really slowed down my tunic being worked on, I probably would of been finished by now, lol.
(This post was last modified: 24-07-2014, 02:55 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Alpha Prime Posted 26-07-2014, 08:02 PM -
Temple of the Twin Suns Master

Yeah, what Satay said about the Vinyl. It's cost effective and looks the part. I made my Obi Wan Kenobi spats out of vinyl from Spotlight. They normally have a bunch of rolls available in a variety of colours. Cool
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 08-09-2014, 08:13 PM -

Zombie-esque update!

In a glass case of mixed emotions right now, on one hand I ran out of money to finish my saber; the collets on my tool broke and so the shroud is 90% cut, lol. On the other hand I just had my 21st a little while a go now and my brother has offered to fund boots and a belt Big Grin

So the future shall be very interesting!

Looks like you all had fun at Oz comic con Smile Just as well that I had fallen behind on the costume, I have exams in a couple days so my attendance would have been super unlikely.

Anyways, more to come!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 08-09-2014, 09:19 PM -

Good to see you're still making progress in other areas. The Force is strong with this one! Big Grin

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM -

Keep up the great work. Slow and steady wins the race Wink

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Rebelrach Posted 09-09-2014, 08:48 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Stay on target!! Stay on target!! Good to see you're still going!
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)