Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2014, 06:13 PM -

Hi guys,
It finally arrived! My tunic set is here Smile
So now the time has come to start a WIP. It's my first time putting it on, so keep that in mind.

Now I don't have a belt or boots yet (obviously), I think I have some boots set up to borrow, but the belt may be a while yet.

Overall i'm real happy with it all, the lady I ordered it from did a flinging flanging awesome job. My only concern is the shoulders, as you can see the stitching a bit.

I'll post more photos as I figure out how to actually put the thing on properly and get my velcro set up.

Super excited though, dead offit I had to take it off, haha

So yeah Just let me know what you think. I'll post other parts as I obtain them. If anyone can suggest some belts that would be awesome, I was thinking just a pleather belt with the whole lot for like 50$

Without further delay *Monty Python theme*

[Image: 2014-03-21173842_zps03969235.jpg]

[Image: 2014-03-21172255_zpsfc165758.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 09:06 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 23-03-2014, 09:38 AM -

Just posting a pic of a Saber I'm looking at, in the case that I just wanted something simple for registration Smile

[Image: SinkPipeSaber1_zps23946b1c.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 11-04-2014, 09:07 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 23-03-2014, 11:05 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Hey Dimes just had a chance to look at your pics they are a bit small but from what I can work out the costume looks ok, but the belt looks a bit narrow. Interesting colors there, I think this is the first white/light only costume I've seen, I used white accent to another color ( tan ) but this looks ok. Also odd to see a white lightsabre but again there should be no problems getting it approved.

You will need to get some better pictures for approval shots but its looking on track.
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 23-03-2014, 11:37 AM -

(23-03-2014, 11:05 AM)stormraven Wrote: Hey Dimes just had a chance to look at your pics they are a bit small but from what I can work out the costume looks ok, but the belt looks a bit narrow. Interesting colors there, I think this is the first white/light only costume I've seen, I used white accent to another color ( tan ) but this looks ok. Also odd to see a white lightsabre but again there should be no problems getting it approved.

You will need to get some better pictures for approval shots but its looking on track.

Thanks stormraven Smile I have a spare brown dickey to mix up the colour scheme a bit, but yeah other than that its all white, lol. The belts just a placeholder until I get a proper one, so nothing to worry about there.

Thanks for input! i'll post better pictures probably once I get some boots.

The pics I took, were mainly just to show off the tunic, which i'm glad to hear is ok, so far so good, haha.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 24-03-2014, 12:02 AM -

You're off to a good start. Are your tabards sitting at the same length on the front as they are at back? If so, I would just suggest hemming them slightly as they look a little long. Generally they sit just a few inches below the outer tunic Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-03-2014, 06:22 AM -

Thanks Satay Smile
I'm 99.9% sure that they are at the same length both ways, the length has grown on me, but they are just past my knee and I want to be accurate as best I can, so hemming should be no problemo Smile

Just wondering, is it more common that the tabards tuck behind the OBI at the back? Or is it more common that the tabards extend further, like the front?
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 24-03-2014, 07:21 AM -

(24-03-2014, 06:22 AM)Dimes Wrote: Thanks Satay Smile
I'm 99.9% sure that they are at the same length both ways, the length has grown on me, but they are just past my knee and I want to be accurate as best I can, so hemming should be no problemo Smile

Just wondering, is it more common that the tabards tuck behind the OBI at the back? Or is it more common that the tabards extend further, like the front?

Yep, generally they sit just above the knee. If you have a look at the Jedi in our Members' Roster, you'll see we all have much shorter tabards Smile

The style that you wear your tabards is a matter of preference. The most common ways you can wear your tabards are:
* Scarf-style (like mine)
* Over two shoulders with the length matching front and back (like Rebel Rach)
* Over two shoulders with the back stopping at the obi (like Alpha Prime)

If you're wearing them over two shoulders, I'd suggest getting some clips or velco to keep them in place. A few of us have our tabards secured at the shoulder and the obi to prevent them from moving around. Makes for great photo consistency Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 24-03-2014, 07:23 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

I would say that it is more common for tabards to extend at the back the ending at the obi seems to be more of a clone wars animation look, but both are allowed, so it comes down to your personal preference.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 24-03-2014, 07:59 AM -

Yeah, having the tabards extend down the back past the obi is definitely an easier option. I think people go for the shorter back tabards look, because that's how Obi Wan does it and Obi Wan is the bomb diggedy Cool

Sarah

Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-03-2014, 08:13 AM -

(24-03-2014, 07:21 AM)Satay Wrote: Yep, generally they sit just above the knee. If you have a look at the Jedi in our Members' Roster, you'll see we all have much shorter tabards Smile

The style that you wear your tabards is a matter of preference. The most common ways you can wear your tabards are:
* Scarf-style (like mine)
* Over two shoulders with the length matching front and back (like Rebel Rach)
* Over two shoulders with the back stopping at the obi (like Alpha Prime)

If you're wearing them over two shoulders, I'd suggest getting some clips or velco to keep them in place. A few of us have our tabards secured at the shoulder and the obi to prevent them from moving around. Makes for great photo consistency Smile

Thanks a bunch for those examples, I was looking for the roster and couldn't find it :/

I would of kept the tabards as they are, unless there was a sort of 'unwritten' standard with the length, I can see that there is, so changes Ahoy!

I like the extension at the back as a style too, it has a certain Liam Neeson quality to it, haha.

I actually have Velcro which was provided with the tunic set, but just had to decide where to put them.

I had another question about the Obi. I'm having trouble with the ends of it when I wrap it around myself. As the Obi is just like a mini tabard which wraps around my waist line, I have found it hard to hide the ends.

Would you guys have any suggestions? Or just any strategies you use on your own costumes?

Let me know if you want a pic, i'll be happy to take one if my description isn't enough Smile
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2014, 08:19 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
4 Guest(s)