Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 27-05-2014, 08:16 AM -

Kyle Katarn's a good one, it seems pretty rare for a guy to not want to do an Obi-wan at some point, haha. I reckon it would be cool to have a troop with all the Obi-wan versions together *claiming padawan Obi* Tongue

Iv'e always like the imperial knights and thought that could be a good one, especially as there don't seem to be any in the base. In fact, I haven't seen any through Aus overall.
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 27-05-2014, 09:05 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

The imperial Knights are a great looking costume, ( another costume on my want to do list ) there is at least one project for this in NSW but so far none in the Base.

As for OWK we have a few clone wars variants but we still need an old Ben version to round out the set.
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 27-05-2014, 09:41 AM -

Might have to give me a few years if i'm to fill the old ben shoes Tongue

The CW Obi is definitely very popular, i'd be more inclined to do something less common. In saying that though, Shay's CW build on the main forums is bloody amazing, if I could do that I would.
(This post was last modified: 27-05-2014, 09:42 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 27-05-2014, 06:29 PM -

Actual Tunic Progress now, I have finally got the Y shape going Big Grin

[Image: 2014-05-27180145_zps1c96733d.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 27-05-2014, 08:39 PM -

Imperial Knights are subject of old talk for a few in QLD Redback Garrison. Tongue
And also some in TB QLD. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Mortogg Posted 28-05-2014, 11:17 AM -

Liking the Tunic's and the light saber design, coming along very nicely Cool

Tatooine Base Commanding Officer.
Offline Dimes Posted 28-05-2014, 11:50 AM -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LAf0QnLFS7Q&feature=kp
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 02-06-2014, 11:31 AM -

I'll definitely consider this a very strange update and a pretty massive long shot, but in order to try increase funds faster i'm selling a briefcase I received with some clothes I bought a little while back Tongue

I'm literally never going to use it, and never really have so any money I get for it should be handy.

I thought someone might find this funny (well at least I do), so there you go Smile

EDIT: Not sure if the link will be allowed as it is a live sale, so if not please let me know. In the mean-time i'll look over any rules I can see.

EDIT of EDIT: I took out the link of the auction, just in case.
(This post was last modified: 02-06-2014, 11:42 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 14-06-2014, 11:30 AM -

Hi all,
Moving on from the fiasco of the last update, my ebay sale was successful. But instead of the money going into say a belt or boots, it's going into a saber... Tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GyJNEZPm-pQ&feature=kp

I couldn't help myself!
Birthday's in August so i'll try again then Smile
(This post was last modified: 14-06-2014, 11:30 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 19-07-2014, 02:00 PM -

Hi all,

Still working on my saber, lol. So now I have a half finished weapon and a half finished tunic set :S

So yeah still alive, and things are moving along pretty well, I have my MHS parts now but I'm currently saving up for the proper shroud material that I found in Aus. Even after the shroud is done i'll have an etching and some brass mesh to thrown into the hilt as well.

BUT that's not all, I'm thinking of throwing a leather wrap around the hilt somewhere as well, thing is I can't quite find leather/pleather strips at the thickness I want. I don't want the strips to be thicker than the shroud, therefore I need strips at 1.5mm thickness at most but preferably a little thinner. The thinnest I have been able to find (so far) has been at 2mm.

Would anyone know where my best chances of finding strips at this size might be?

Thanks guys, and hope all is well Smile
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)