Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 10-05-2014, 02:46 PM -

I didn't think the TCSS would be possible, just because my design included a bunch of custom work (with a dremmel i'd imagine) and with me being a total nooblord I would not attempt it myself. It might be possible that Tim could do it himself, I might ask him. I also have some way more basic MHS Builder designs as well all set up, depending on what I decide to go with.

I keep forgetting the Anakin belt is there, i'll go for either belt, depending on the boots I end up with. Because I borrowed those boots in that pic I may not get to keep them (they're my mum's riding boots and she's moving). So yeah, I won't have a problem belt-wise, i'd say boots are the tricksier problem.

Happy that the resource is growing then Big Grin I might have some more suggestions for it, in my research on costuming I have a bunch of bookmarked finds. I'll pick out some good ones when my minds not total moosh from uni assignments.
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 10-05-2014, 04:53 PM -

Your Mum's riding boots are a pair of boots a few people go for. They look like Dublin Jodhpurs from horseland. They come in both men's and women's sizes.
Personally I don't go for them as they are tight around the calf muscle for me. Wink

And yeah if you some trusted sources post them for me and I'll add them to the list.
(This post was last modified: 10-05-2014, 04:54 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 10-05-2014, 06:20 PM -

Thanks to your info I found the boots so i'll keep them on the radar, the only thing I was concerned about was that they are made out of PVC.

The sellers I would recommend in being price friendly to us Aussies were:
https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/11052169...pe=gallery

Also Mystik Merchants, I haven't bought from them but they come recommended by many from the main RL forums. Especially awesome that their price includes shipping internationally at only $140, pretty solid deal:
http://www.mystikmerchant.com/INTERNATIONAL.htm

The only thing I would say about your list is that Alien arms dealer has gone completely AWOL for some time :S
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 10-05-2014, 06:49 PM -

Ah cheers. I'll take them down. Wink

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 10-05-2014, 08:18 PM -

(10-05-2014, 11:14 AM)Hopfot Wrote: I don't know where all this bad press for Ultrasabers is coming from ...

I'm going to be honest, when my sabers for Ahsoka arrived, one was malfunctioning. It kept turning itself off and when I checked the battery pack, it was hot to the touch and smoking slightly. I emailed Ultrasabers straight away and the response I got was ... dubious. It came across as very "I don't believe you". I had to pay to ship it back to them for repairs (pretty standard with most online purchases), but it still cost a neat little chunk. And when I received it back, it just had a hand scrawled note that basically said, "Fixed."

AND they charged me double postage, even though they shipped the sabers in the one box.

Based on their average customer service, I'd be hesitant to order from them again Indifferent

(10-05-2014, 12:06 PM)Dimes Wrote: Just to ask as well while my thread is moving along for the time being, where are people grabbing their robes?

Most of us were lucky enough to get ours as part of a set with our Jedi tunics from CosplaySky. They also do stand-alone wool cloaks, but at $70, I'd say that's a bit pricey for a cloak! Tongue

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 10-05-2014, 09:00 PM -

Thanks for posting up your experience Satay, it reflects some of the things that I had heard myself. Other snippets have been things like the owners removing 'negative' reviews on the Ultrasaber forums. A company with an iffy track record at any point should not be taken lightly, me thinks. I think they have improved somewhat, like they are still up and running, which must count for something.

Man after looking at robes for what feels like forever I thought $100 would be super cheap. Most of the high quality ones I have been looking at are mostly around $150 without shipping. Honestly, the cosplaysky robe doesn't quite look right to my eyes, although the photos/mannequins often don't help create a good representation.

These robes on the other hand I think are impressive, most impressive:
http://www.mystikmerchant.com/GALLERY_FEEDBACK.htm
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 12-05-2014, 09:59 AM -

Before I pull any money triggers, what do people think about these boots?

http://www.aliexpress.com/item/2013-male...05153.html

Just in case i'm missing things with my own eyes, second opinions would be awesome,
Thanks guys Smile

EDIT: Oh yeah, i'm more interested in the brown variant.
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 10:00 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 12-05-2014, 10:03 AM -

Very nice. I like them. only modification I would make, would be the buckles, and that would be to maybe make them match what ever belt you get. So if you go something like the Anakin or Obi-Wan style buckle, see if you can get a buckle to match or compliment that. Wink

And or, you could make a wide Spat that could cover the zip and tuck under the straps, otherwise the zip should be fine as it's on the inside leg of the boots. Wink
(This post was last modified: 12-05-2014, 10:04 AM by Hopfot.)

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 12-05-2014, 10:52 AM -

That's a sweet idea on matching the buckles! Didn't even cross my mind, so i'd definitely look into doing that.

And yeah i'd probably look at a spat as well, I knew the zip would be fine, but I would enjoy the look more if it were covered up for sure.

Sweet deal then, looks like its going to be aliexpress *take 2* Tongue
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 12-05-2014, 11:01 AM -

Let us know how you go. Wink
As for the buckles, something of a flat metal might be an idea. Wink

Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)