Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline stormraven Posted 01-04-2014, 12:45 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Those suggestions by Cobalt were really quite interesting, the only thing I would point out is to make sure the snaps and fittings are hidden by the obi when its finished. Also depending on your sewing abilities there are a few good seamstress's in the Baseat Nova so you could also ask them for some advice there.
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 01-04-2014, 02:24 PM -

(01-04-2014, 12:45 PM)stormraven Wrote: Those suggestions by Cobalt were really quite interesting, the only thing I would point out is to make sure the snaps and fittings are hidden by the obi when its finished. Also depending on your sewing abilities there are a few good seamstress's in the Baseat Nova so you could also ask them for some advice there.

100% on board that keeping everything hidden is super important. With my sewing ability being at 'doing it that one time in grade 9', it seems very likely that I would be asking someone else to do it for me Tongue

Regardless I wasn't in a rush to modify until I picked the brains of anyone at the RL Nova Booth. Don't get many chances in getting it right so I want to see that people will think that the changes will work well. I'm sure they would Cobalt seems to be very on the ball, haha.

EDIT: Thought I would add a link to my WIP thread from the main forums. It's all pretty well the same as here. Cobalt's suggestions can be found on the bottom of the first page and top of the second. I'm planning on implementing his set up, so just posting this link incase anyone's curious.

http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=55124
(This post was last modified: 01-04-2014, 02:31 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 02-04-2014, 07:32 PM -

In regards to fixing your tunic in place, I have velcro attachments on both my inner and outer tunics that keep them in place. My obi covers them, so they stay well hidden. I can take some pics later if need be Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 03-04-2014, 06:04 AM -

I actually have something in mind, i'll put a 'snap' or some velcro at the point where I have the collar trim cut. That cut should be just at the waistline, so it will be covered by the Obi. I have to cut the trim anyway, because it runs all the way through the tunic. So yeah, save yourself the hassle of pics, should be right Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 09-04-2014, 06:03 PM -

My sink tube saber just arrived!
Gotta say i'm pretty happy with it, it's a bit scratched up and such but it should do the job Big Grin

[Image: 2014-04-09175653_zps2c515d33.jpg]

[Image: 2014-04-09175616_zps3df39efc.jpg]

And I figured out how to post pics, no more photo bucket links Cool.
(This post was last modified: 10-04-2014, 04:50 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 10-04-2014, 11:57 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Nice sabre I think this is the only white handled one I've seen. Should suit your Jedi quite well. Cool
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 12-04-2014, 09:28 AM -

Looks good man. Nice and distinctive Smile Don't worry about the scratches; it just means it's seen some serious battle!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 12-04-2014, 05:43 PM -

Aha, I'm heading for full chameleon mode at this point, next stop… white belt.

Nah just kidding, lol. Giving myself ideas for down the road it seems Tongue
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 09-05-2014, 08:55 AM -

Hey guys,
My budget is gaining strength once more, so if I can hold onto it I should be able to throw more money at my costume Smile
I'm looking at buying a $60 pleather belt from costume base, which would bring me a step closer, although at the same time it looks like I might have to buy some boots as well.

On another note, I know my sink tube saber should be good for approval, BUT i'm wondering if something that lights up and/or has a blade is a necessity for trooping? If so i'll have to consider my options there.

So could be pretty close on submitting but that is depending on whether I only need to buy a belt or if i'll need to buy a belt, boots and another saber.

Also thought I would post a pic from nova:

[Image: 10178026_10151915874471685_230892521_n_zps5c80443c.jpg]

Classic Jedi white t shirt showing :3 Pretty happy with everything else so far, just gotta sort out the tabards once and for all and fix up the collar trim as well. After that should be all good to go.

Those of you I saw at nova you guys looked awesome! Dreamworld looked like fun times as well!
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 09-05-2014, 09:34 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Hey Dimes good to see you are still on track with your build.

You don't need a light up sabre for approval ( and in fact the approval pics need to submitted without lights on ) I would consider submitting your sink tube sabre as the only restriction on them is no toy ones. The light up ones aren't needed to troop with and even if it was you should be able to borrow someone's .

Your boots look ok it that photo but just remember that the boots and belt must match in colour ( i.e. black boots black belt )

All in all looking quite good and hopefully we will see you approved soon.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)