Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

DimesGeneric Jedi WIP

Offline Dimes Posted 21-03-2015, 09:23 PM -

Oh man, we'll have to aim for next year. Theres always brisbane though Smile

EDIT/UPDATE: Just placed an order for boots with aliexpress, fingers crossed they go to the right country this time, lol.
(This post was last modified: 21-03-2015, 09:46 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 22-03-2015, 05:46 PM -

Fingers toes and all possible appendages crossed. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-03-2015, 04:09 PM -

Aaaaaaaaand they tell me they're outta stock after I paid, last time I go with aliexpress I think!
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 24-03-2015, 04:23 PM -

That's a Bugger. Sorry mate. Sad
Getting fully refunded at least?

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-03-2015, 04:37 PM -

Don't see why not, I got it no problems last time. At least I got a few more leads on Aussie suppliers, but i'll probably wait for sales now; also got friends asking me to buy battlefield hardline, boots might have to wait! I'll make sure to save up to go the 'proper' route as you guys all pretty much have. Probably these:
http://www.beserk.com.au/captain-100-brown-preorder
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 24-03-2015, 06:40 PM -

Yes, Games are important to keep insanity in check. Tongue
At least that's my excuse. Big Grin

Those boots look fine. They are made from Polyurethane Material, which generally doesn't last forever, but they'll get you buy for approval.

I had a similar pair myself, they lived for about 3-4 years and then I turned them into Tusken boots. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 24-03-2015, 06:42 PM by Hopfot.)

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 24-03-2015, 06:54 PM -

The main thing is approval for sure, i'll look out for some riding boots as well, they might be a bit more durable (just seem to be super hard to find in brown at like $100). At least those ones are there though; while also being the right colour! I think Alpha Prime had a similar pair that fell apart, but pretty sure he fixed them up pretty easily, so I wouldn't be too worried. If i got a year out of them at least I'd be happy.
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 25-03-2015, 07:11 AM -

As I mentioned in another post, I'm looking into other things I can do while I wait for the stars to align again on the big ticket item, bloody bloody boots! One thing I thought of was a name, but that could be sorted in like 5 seconds! Second is getting the whole costume to hold through snaps and other things of that nature.

Only thing is I wouldn't know the first thing about actually applying snaps myself; being a total sewing DIY nooblord. I thought looking into doing it myself could give me something to do for the costume myself, and also might save me a bit of money. Another thing I need to do is cut the collar trim, although I'm pretty far off the idea of cutting the costume by my own hand. Although I'm sure someone I know wouldn't mind doing the cut for me.

Anyway I'm diverting too much from what I wanted to ask, that is, does anyone know of any good threads (RL or otherwise) on learning to do snaps? All I could find on the RL page had been where to put snaps, but not on how. Even if you just have your own tips that would be grand!
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2015, 07:12 AM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 25-03-2015, 10:18 PM -

Hey mammasith, thanks for the heads up on spotlight and lincraft, I couldn't find anything on the website! Maybe i can order over the phone or something, lol.

About the collar, it's just too long, so when I fold over my tunic the underside 'hangs out' and becomes visible behind the tabards (sorry it's kinda hard to explain) I'll try find a pic example, I think I have one!

I only just moved up to the sunshine coast, well Melany actually Smile

EDIT: These two pics show both ways in which the trim can be troublesome.

[Image: 2014-03-29160543_zpsc6708f1d.jpg]

[Image: 10178026_10151915874471685_230892521_n_zps5c80443c.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 25-03-2015, 10:24 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 26-03-2015, 08:35 AM -

Okay Dimes, Mammasith has just asked me to chime in on this one given my knowledge and experience of the old republic traditional style Jedi. Generic Old Republic is what they used to call it in the Costume Standards before they combined the Old and New into 1.
Now I hope you don't mind, I just grabbed your pics and did a little editing to help figure this out. It was a little difficult to tell from the pics. Wink

Firstly your avatar, just to list the 3 parts, as you we all know.
[Image: avatar_209_zpsnirgpk3o.jpg]

That out of the way, I'm guessing you are talking about the "Outter Tunic"

Next photo, an edit highliting the outter tunic of your second pic.
[Image: Dimes_zpsm8zoqqhe.jpg]

In relation to the above pic. Are you talking about how the little corner (A) shows through or are you talking about how far down the entire Tunic (B) comes? Because either way, both are fine, they could very easly be fitting issues.

In the next pic....
[Image: 2014-03-29160543_zps3dfqxy20.jpg]
... is it the distance between the Hems (The bottom of the tunic) point C and D? Because again like the first pic it's all a fitting issue.

I have known a number of Jedi, and a few personally, to have fitting issues with their first tunics. It does require some tucking and pulling in the right places to get it to sit right, often helps to have a second pair of hands. Even I had problems getting into my Old Jedi and still do.

However, without going back through this thread I do see that this tunic looks like it would fit someone a bit bigger than yourself.... perhaps my size infact or even bigger. That would require some alterations. But I wouldn't do anything if I was you until you can get someone to take a look at it.

In order for me to come up from Ipswich and take a look, I would have to convince the girlfriend to let me take to the trip, as it would be full day for me. But I'll see what I can do. However if you can get Mammasith to take a look she should be able to help.

Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)