Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Dimes"Hello There"

Offline Dimes Posted 11-03-2014, 07:15 PM -

Hi all,
Just introducing myself,
My name is Jimmy, I have been posting in rebel legion for a little bit now, but I just had the thought of "Hey, why don't I join tatooine base!?". So I did.

A little about my self, I have been a Star Wars fan since I first saw the phantom menace when it first came out Smile, I have gradually gone from obsessed, to post-obsessed since then. Lately I have had a bit of a relapse, mainly with Supanova on the goldy coming up.

Iv'e been living in Southport for over 2 years now (moved here for uni) and I am currently studying my bachelors of psychology. Please feel free to direct all your stereotypes towards me, I never ever get that.

It didn't take me long to realise that going to Supanova as a Jedi would be the most awesome thing ever, so Iv'e ordered a tunic set from Utah. Hoping leia style that it gets here on time.

Anyways, I thought I would also use this post as a way of asking if anyone is going to Supanova this april? If you are, and you see a Jedi wearing some pretty cheesy 'boot covers' and a tunic, chances are it's probably me, if not i'm sorry in advance Tongue

That said too I will be posting my WIP of previously mentioned costume as it comes along. Not sure if I will post that here, or on the 'home' rebel legion forums.

Hopefully I didn't forget anything I wanted to add.
Thanks guys,
Jimmy
Back to top Find
Offline Payney Posted 11-03-2014, 09:16 PM -
Master Droid Builder

Hey Jimmy. This forum is more frequented than the main boards. Nova is a big thing for us, everyone will be there. Hope to see you there.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 11-03-2014, 11:16 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Jimmy...welcome to the Tatooine Base forums. Being local this is a good place to visit.

We'll definitely be at Gold Coast nova...and in greater numbers. Be sure to come say hello. We get a lot of recruits from Nova's. Often it only takes a few tweaks of a Jedi costume to get it to a level that is approvable by the Rebel Legion and membership....

Also like our facebook page we have updates on events on there. - https://www.facebook.com/TatooineBase

May The Force Be With You....Always!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 11-03-2014, 11:52 PM -

Welcome Jimmy!

You can pretty much guarantee that all of us will be at GC Nova with our awesome Rebel Legion booth. When you see the giant Star Wars displays, you'll know you're in the right place. Don't be a stranger, come and introduce yourself Smile

And if you need any help getting your Jedi approval-ready, just ask. FYI, I normally make a build/WIP thread in the relevant boards on both forums, just to cover all bases.

Hope to see you at 'Nova!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 12-03-2014, 03:11 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Welcome Jimmy, it sounds like you have things pretty under way already Cool Most Jedi costume makers are pretty good but just post some pics up when you get it, and it wont hurt to put one up in the Jedi section of the main boards - so the Legion Costume Judges ( LCJ's ) can see it and make some opinions on it.

And while SupaNova is a good event to go to we do have an event at DreamWorld on the 4-6th of May which is the largest Star Wars gathering in the southern hemisphere . But come and introduce yourself at Nova and we can tell you some more about it then.

Also as you may have noticed we tend to use callsigns for our forum names, so if you want you can the moderators ask to change yours to a nickname or something else.
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 12-03-2014, 09:11 AM -
Tatooine Member

Yeah, make sure you come and say hi.

Also, keep an eye out for some proper knee high boots in second hand stores. Sometimes you can find some cheap, and even if they're the wrong colour, you can paint and adapt them to suit.

Getting real boots can be expensive, but you can also find reasonably priced boots online. They end up being a good investment, as they can sometimes be used for multiple costumes. Then you won't have to have your 'cheesy' boot covers. Haha. Big Grin

Like the guys have said, there's only a few tweaks you might need to do, to get your costume to an approvable state, then you can come and troop with us anytime.

Do you know we have our biggest troop of the year over the first weekend in May, at Dreamworld? Would be great if you could get your jedi approved by then.

Welcome.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Dimes Posted 12-03-2014, 10:28 AM -

Thanks everyone for your tips and welcoming sentences!

Just as well it has been mentioned, because I had no idea about the Star Wars event at dreamworld. I'll definitely look into it more, my wallet may turn to the darkside by then though.

I had a few decent pairs of boots in mind as well, and they would be the next costume item on my list (sorry lightsaber funds). I'll have to give some of the local second hand stores a go. It's proved pretty difficult finding a calf/knee high boot when just 'looking around' outside of the net though, especially for a guy, haha. I would say that being completely approved by may would be quite the long shot, unfortunately.

Anyway, i'll see how it all goes, as a bunch of forums have shown, budget can be a pretty small obstacle if you're resourceful.

(12-03-2014, 03:11 AM)stormraven Wrote: Also as you may have noticed we tend to use callsigns for our forum names, so if you want you can the moderators ask to change yours to a nickname or something else.

I have definitely noticed this! All the other names I have used in the past would not really work when it comes to being Star wars universe approveable. Unless you guys really like the sound of RageCage900. I dunno, i'll see if I can come up with anything that works in time for approval.
(This post was last modified: 14-03-2014, 05:27 PM by Dimes.)
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 14-03-2014, 04:10 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hey there Jimmy. Looking forward to meeting you at the Gold Coast Supanova.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 14-03-2014, 10:45 PM -
Public Relations Officer

If you are an approved RL member Dreamworld is FREE for you....though most of us opt to stay down near Coomera as the days are massive with early starts....you don't know tired til you've trooped a whole weekend. Awesome fun though.

You would be able to get a pair of mens boots approvable new for under $100, we have found a costume supplier down at Cararra markets, and also online around the $120 mark.

You have picked an expensive and time consuming hobby but a VERY rewarding one.... do yell out if you need help, and come say hi at Nova...
Back to top Find
Offline Dimes Posted 15-03-2014, 10:57 AM -

(14-03-2014, 10:45 PM)Rebelrach Wrote: If you are an approved RL member Dreamworld is FREE for you....though most of us opt to stay down near Coomera as the days are massive with early starts....you don't know tired til you've trooped a whole weekend. Awesome fun though.

You would be able to get a pair of mens boots approvable new for under $100, we have found a costume supplier down at Cararra markets, and also online around the $120 mark.

You have picked an expensive and time consuming hobby but a VERY rewarding one.... do yell out if you need help, and come say hi at Nova...

Thanks a bunch for this info! I know who you are referring to at Cararra, and I have been enquiring. They will also be at Nova, so that might be handy.

Iv'e seen some approvable/to near approvable boots for around 50$ on the net. I'll get into that with more detail among other things, when my tunic does arrive, so I can start a WIP thread.

Not too cheap so far, haha, but Iv'e had the opportunity to start a costume thanks to a cancelled PS4 preorder, and Nova has seemed to act as a bit of a catalyst.

It's been something iv'e wanted to do for a long time! I also definitely have the mindset of, if i'm going to do it, it's going to be done right. The Rebel legion definitely has a standard of doing that with costumes, as well as using them it great ways.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)