Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SpaceFairyGreetings from SpaceFairy!

Offline SpaceFairy Posted 10-03-2014, 08:53 AM -

Hi everyone, I'm Mel Big Grin

Some of you know me from stuff as I've been floating around for a while, but I've finally decided to work toward joining the Rebel Legion! Kev was trying to get me to join the 501st for a while, but to be honest, I like the Rebel costumes better! (sssshh don't tell them that :p hehehe)

I've decided that I'd really like to take on the costuming challenge of creating a Satele Shan costume. But seeing as that's gonna be way complex to start with, I figured I might start with a Bastila Shan costume, which is still kickass-looking, but looks easier to construct (and gives me an excuse to construct a bodysuit block for patternmaking, which I've been procrastinating on doing for years).

I've been studying a Diploma of Fashion Design part time over the last few years (in between dealing with chronic health challenges) in Brisbane, and I recently moved across the border to Northern NSW for a year, to study a Cert. IV in Costume Design For Performance (which they didn't have in Brisbane) while hopefully getting a bit healthier in the meantime.

Making costumes is fun, addictive, and very good practice for all the stuff I've been learning at fashion & costume school (as well as a darn lot that they didn't teach us!) I'm here to challenge myself to learn and grow, and to help create beautiful characters for a good cause Smile

I fiiiinally have a permanent sewing space set up at home (I raided my mum's garage) and although I've just moved across the border (near Byron Bay) I still get back to Brissy once a month, and will totes be moving back there as soon as I've finished this course, my health improves, and I am actually making enough money to get my own place. (Plus I miss civilisation, and all my Brissy friends! Smile )

So yeah...that's kinda me in a nutshell Smile
(This post was last modified: 10-03-2014, 08:56 AM by SpaceFairy.)

"With Great SpaceFairyness Comes Great Responsibility..."
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 10-03-2014, 10:22 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hey Mel,

great to hear and see you on Tatooine forums, we have some really great people here that can help you out. we have 2 big cons coming up Gold Coast Supanova (which im sure you are well aware, and im sure we'll see you there!) and Dreamworld Star Wars Weekend which be great if even you can come along and help wrangle the rebels?

anyways looking forward to seeing you soon!

Beanie.
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 10-03-2014, 11:46 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

hey there SpaceFairy glad to see you've decided to join the forums Smile

If you haven't seen them already Bastila Shan costume guidelines they can be found here http://www.rebellegion.com/about_standards2.php?id=8882 . And a lot more help an be found on the Rebel Legion Jedi boards http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewfor...991b89c51b .

It sure sounds like you have the skills to do this costume but if you are looking at getting something ready by DreamWorld you may look at a generic Jedi costume to start with and then do your Bastila Shan. Regardless of what costume you doing you will bring a lot of SpaceFairy awesomeness to the Base Big Grin
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 10-03-2014, 08:00 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Great to see you here Mel! Welcome and good luck with your costume. We're all happy to help any way we can (though maybe not specifically with your costume). Us Rebels are good that way!
Hope to meet you soon!
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 11-03-2014, 07:42 AM -

Haha, about time, Mel! Tongue Welcome!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 11-03-2014, 03:53 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hey there Mel. A Bastila Shan costume would be great to see. Satele Shan is one of my favorite characters from Star Wars The Old Republic and would be awesome costume to see.
Back to top Find
Offline SpaceFairy Posted 14-03-2014, 01:22 PM -

Heya thanks for the welcome guys Smile Yes I'm thinking I may have to do a generic Jedi to begin with, depending on how busy I am for costume making and how much various parts cost. I'll definitely be doing GC Supanova too! Speaking of which, does anybody know of anyone looking to share a room, or anyone have some floor space I could crash on with my air mattress? I fear I've left the organising to the last minute (as usual :p hehe)

"With Great SpaceFairyness Comes Great Responsibility..."
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)