Gene NeonJimmy's Walk for Cancer Brisbane

Offline Gene Neon Posted 02-03-2014, 06:02 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Jimmy's Walk for Cancer Brisbane
Jimmy's message: "You're never to young or to old to make a change."
http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/signupsheet.php?eid=99

Organiser: Sandman

Date: 2 March 2014

Mission: 20 year old, Jimmy Harrington is walking around Australia to raise $300,000 for The Brainchild Foundation.
Mission
Jimmy Harrington believes he was born to make a change. To help the world one step at a time. His first mission in his journey to make a change is, to walk over 18,000km around Australia raising funds and awareness of the Brainchild Foundation.

His mission:
1. To raise $300,000+ for the Brainchild Foundation
2. To raise awareness of this brilliant charity
3. To become the youngest person to have walked Australia (Jimmy's personal mission)
4. Most importantly, to bring smiles and happiness to the children in the hospitals he visits.

First thing that people ask Jimmy when they hear of his journey on foot around Australia is "Are you crazy?". Maybe, but it is an adventure and a dream that he has trained for and has worked hard to achieve. He says, "I hope to see you all at the finish line in May 2014, Ill be there too".

Tatooine Base Members
stormraven - Jedi
Jeadus Teal - Jedi
Gene Neon - Wrangler/photos

501st Redback Garrison Members
Sam - TK
Mark - Wrangler
Tony - Wrangler/photos
Jackson - Boba Fett

We all suited up at the Greek Club across the road from Musgrave Park and headed over to meet Jimmy at around 2.00pm
[Image: 012_zps17a0f897.jpg]

After taking some photos in the park we then headed up to the stage for the presentation for Jimmy. It was inspiring to listen to Jimmy's courageous talk and the crowd fully appreciated his efforts. Well done Jimmy on behalf of Tatooine Base and the Redback Garrison.
[Image: 015_zps3418e8d5.jpg]
[Image: 046_zpsd0c1bf3f.jpg]
[Image: 044_zps4132751b.jpg]
[Image: 041_zps4ec6144d.jpg]
[Image: 060_zps18e8510c.jpg]
[Image: 075_zps723d80d0.jpg]
[Image: 066_zps52b2dfe0.jpg]
[Image: 020_zpsaf687fc2.jpg]
[Image: 026_zps7369dc20.jpg]
(This post was last modified: 02-03-2014, 06:23 PM by Gene Neon.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 02-03-2014, 07:04 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Nice fun troop, Jimmy is a great guy and doing a fantastic job at raising funds and awareness for Brain Cancer Applause Also the Greek club were really great to allow us to get changed in their boardroom. Cool
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 02-03-2014, 07:43 PM -
Tatooine Member

Well done all involved and Stormraven for taking this on for me while i was on interstate travels.

im sure Jimmy appreciated the attendance, just a shame there weren't more troopers.
Back to top Find
Offline nishaknapp02 Posted 07-11-2022, 11:05 PM -
Banned

Why not settling on games that is fun and at the same time your earning. Well it'll make suspense because the game is well but dude just try it and it gave me hope while pandemic is real rn. High-Limit Slots
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)