Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

JediprincessX Wing Harness and Belt

Offline Jediprincess Posted 27-01-2014, 08:00 PM -
Tatooine Member

I have the roll of seatbelt webbing from APOK, and I'm ready to make harnesses for those who need them.

The leg loops are the same size no matter what size you are.

What I need from you is the measurement for the part of the harness that holds the loops around your legs.

This is a piece that generally clips onto the inside of the front of your flak vest, hangs down and through between your legs, then up your back to clip into the inside of the back of your flak vest.

You will need to measure how much you'll need, to give yourself enough length to achieve this. Make sure you hang the tape measure at a loose comfortable drop so as not to give yourself a wedgie, but it can't be too low either.

You probably want it to hang about 4 or 5 inches below your crotch, so that the rest of the harness sits in the right place.

And give yourself enough at the top to have something to clip, but no need to go way over the amount.

And with your belt, I will need to know the measurement of how much to cut. Make sure you measure your waist and then add enough to the measurement so that the belt can loop back on itself. It's better to have a little more than you need, and cut some off, as you can't add more if it's too short. Again, no need to get way too much.

I will just be cutting the belt to the length you need, so you can get the harness made up and the belt strap all in one go. You will need to organise to put the buckles and capsules and things on them yourself.

As soon as I have these measurements, I can make your harness for you.

You will be charged per metre of seatbelt used.

I won't be adding the press studs to them. That's something you can do yourself, and you may have a different way you'd like to attach them.

If you don't want to post your measurements on the public forum, that's fine, and you can PM me. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 27-01-2014, 08:59 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Tamsin, that's great! Thanks so much to Apok for supplying the webbing and to you for offering to make up the belt and harness.

How much should we add onto our belt size, maybe 10cms extra to loop into the belt buckle?

I am in the process of sourcing all the clips for the flak vests and the belt buckles for our 6 budding pilots.

Also do you we need to purchase more (slimmer) seat webbing to make the belt flare holders or could we cut some webbing thinner for that?
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 27-01-2014, 11:34 PM -
Tatooine Member

For the flare holders on the belt, I cut a piece of the webbing in half (horizontally) and used that on each side.

You have to be careful though, as it frays really easily when you do that.

I can add some extra webbing in for that if you guys need it too.

And I think I would give it at least 15 extra centimetres for the belt just to be sure.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 28-01-2014, 06:57 AM -

I shall just have to find my tape measure.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Donut Posted 28-01-2014, 09:24 AM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks so much Princess!

I've probably allowed a little too much, but I get 148cm for each harness loop (actually you and I are about the same height, so if that sounds waaaaayyy off let me know).

For belt, with a 15cm overlap, and allowing space for the flight suit, I'm looking at approx 102cm (again, we're almost the same build lol)
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 28-01-2014, 09:30 AM -
Tatooine Member

That actually sounds pretty spot on for you Donut.

All good. Cool

And guys, if you don't have access to a (soft) tape measure, use some string or something, then measure it alongside a ruler or 'mens' tape measure. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 28-01-2014, 03:33 PM -

I got 160cm from the center of my chest to the mid-center of my shoulder blades, with a approx, 5inch hang. (and that sounds dirty Laugh )
and 122cm around my waist with 15cm overlap.

I may just have to double check that harness measurment though, very hard to do myself.

Make it 165 or 170 to be safe I reckon.
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014, 03:41 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 28-01-2014, 06:03 PM -
Tatooine Member

No worries Hoppy. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 28-01-2014, 07:15 PM -
Tatooine Member

My measurements were about 165cm -167cm from the chest (center) to my shoulder blades. Probably be better to make it in the same length as Hoppy's.

My waist measurements with the extra 15cm added will be 118cm.

Xmas has over supplied me with a few extra centimeters around the waist. Indifferent

Thanks againTamsin.
(This post was last modified: 28-01-2014, 07:36 PM by Jeadus Teal.)
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 28-01-2014, 08:41 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Hey Tamsin
I am no taller than the guys, but I measured with the extra hang, 170cms for the harness. Happy for that to be same length as the others though.

Waist is 121cms including the extra 15cms for the overlap.

Thanks so much!
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)