Back to top Find
Offline nassik Posted 16-01-2014, 09:47 AM -

Here's a closer look at the gloves I linked to:

[Image: IMGP5440.jpg]

[Image: IMGP5373.jpg]

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 16-01-2014, 11:58 AM -

I have missed alot, and honestly can't be too miffed at the moment with going back and reading it all, but when I get some things for one of my 501st costumes, I'll take a look through and see what I still need. I already know I have coveralls, modded by JediPrincess. However I know I will need the white cheast vest thingy, seatbelt, Chest box, and leg thingies I can't remember the name of right now.

Meanwhile I shall be jumping on the X-Wing fighter simulators and practicing for my final submission to X-Wing flight school. Tongue (Been playing X-wing vs Tie fighter a fair bit lately). Tongue
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2014, 11:59 AM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 16-01-2014, 05:03 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ok here are my parts that I currently have for the costume build.

1. Black boots.
2. White flack vest http://www.thecostumebase.com/x-wing-reb...-costumes/
3. Orange overalls x2 that need to be modified.

The gloves will be ordered this Saturday. We need to order the plain black leather Gauntlets. What I need is your glove size next to your name.

Thanks again Nassik for the photos of your gloves.
(This post was last modified: 16-01-2014, 05:11 PM by Jeadus Teal.)
Back to top Find
Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 16-01-2014, 07:44 PM -

Hi Jeadus! I'd like to order 1x Large Gauntlet gloves for myself Thrawn V'jun Smile Please advise via PM or FB on how to make payment to you Smile

As of today, I don't have anything required for the X-Wing costume. Well I do have some Dublin knee-high boots but they are a bit big... Are we going to do a group order for the boots if possible? Or is the hunt on ebay and hope your luck holds way? Wink

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 16-01-2014, 09:51 PM -
Public Relations Officer

OK this is all getting a bit muddled. How do we want to do this. Apok did you have a plan or are you happy for us to organise all but the helmets between us?

So far correspondence between a few have confirmed we have Thrawn, Jeadus Teal, Gene Neon, Donut and myself definitely want to do the whole costume, and Hoppy to get the components he's missing.

Is there anyone else? Where to from here... :-)
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 17-01-2014, 06:38 AM -
Tatooine Member

Ok, so far Shaun needs 1x Large gloves, Rach needs 1x Medium gloves, Matthew (Donut) requires gloves, but not sure which size. Will there be anyone else.

I can do a group order for the White Flack Vest if required. Just need a show of hands.
http://www.thecostumebase.com/x-wing-reb...-costumes/
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2014, 06:40 AM by Jeadus Teal.)
Back to top Find
Offline Donut Posted 17-01-2014, 09:15 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hey Jeadus - I would like a pair of Large gloves please.
Just let me know where to send money. Smile

And actually - to those who already have pilot costumes, looking at the flak vest and the pricing, is this flight suit accurate? (Pocket placement etc).
http://www.thecostumebase.com/x-wing-reb...flak-vest/
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 17-01-2014, 09:24 AM -
Tatooine Member

(17-01-2014, 09:15 AM)Donut Wrote: Hey Jeadus - I would like a pair of Large gloves please.

And actually - to those who already have pilot costumes, looking at the flak vest and the pricing, is this flight suit accurate? (Pocket placement etc).

I ordered 2x 92R orange overalls to be modified. If I only require only one of these orange overalls to move the pockets to where they need to be on the flight suit it will leave an extra flight suit for you if you want it. I am only ordering the white flack vest and NOT the orange flight suit featured on the website listed. The prices for the white flack vest are in US $ so they will be a little more once converted to AUS $.

Once I place the order for the gloves on Saturday I will inform everyone in regards to the order. We will share the postage equally amongst ourselves.

The boots I purchased for $98 came from a costume store at the Carrara Markets. The sizes come in medium, large and extra large. My shoe size is 9.5 and the fit for the boots was a medium. I don't suggest a group buy of these without going down there yourself to try these boots on to see if they will fit you. However if you have time to go there on a Saturday I don't mind taking anyone there that wants to get these boots.
(This post was last modified: 17-01-2014, 09:55 AM by Jeadus Teal.)
Back to top Find
Offline Donut Posted 17-01-2014, 12:58 PM -
Tatooine Member

(17-01-2014, 09:24 AM)Jeadus Teal Wrote:
(17-01-2014, 09:15 AM)Donut Wrote: Hey Jeadus - I would like a pair of Large gloves please.

I ordered 2x 92R orange overalls to be modified. If I only require only one of these orange overalls to move the pockets to where they need to be on the flight suit it will leave an extra flight suit for you if you want it. I am only ordering the white flack vest and NOT the orange flight suit featured on the website listed. The prices for the white flack vest are in US $ so they will be a little more once converted to AUS $.

Just looking at the pocket placement - I own a pair of the 92R's for my LOST worker's uniform, and I'm gonna guess that there's not enough existing pockets to create the new ones (just going off by looking at it) on a single pair.
Costumebase does the free shipping, so taking that into account, I was just thinking that for me, if the pocket placement of the costumebase flightsuit is accurate, then that flightsuit doesn't work out much more expensive than if I have to buy two sets of overalls. And then I don't have to modify it at all.

Obviously I'll wait and see before I do anything, 'cause if you guys manage to get away with modifying a single set of overalls, then I'll follow suit, and gladly purchase a pair from you or Rach or whomever needs to ditch a pair.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)