Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SnarkyUmbaran Generic Jedi build

Offline Snarky Posted 03-12-2013, 10:41 PM -

So I'm thinking that I need to make a new Jedi costume Smile

One of the races in the Star Wars universe I thought would be fun to do is an Umbaran. They're pale skinned with White hair, although the more famous ones tend to be bald. And tend to have Blueish or Pale Purple tints around their eyes and the hollows of their faces.

I've done some research into them as a whole and they're known as the shadow people, so in that vein I was thinking that Darker robes might be the way to go.

Color wise I'm thinking a very dark purple for the outer tunic, black for the inner tunic and lighter grey for the Tabbards, Obi and leggings. Black Boots and belt with a Dark Grey cloak.

I'm kinda concerned that as a Jedi costume it'd be too dark. Thoughts?
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 04-12-2013, 03:50 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Gday Snarky good to see you looking at another costume. Big Grin

So my knowledge of Umbarans is mostly limited to Sly Moore and their appearance in the clone wars, and in those they mostly tended to wear light grey/white and dark grey. While they were known as the shadow people I think it was more due to their secretive nature and sensitivity to bright lights.

I think most of the colors should be ok, both Bariss Offee and Luminara Unduli wear some very dark robes. However I would make the inner tunic a grey rather than black, perhaps even matching the grey of the tabards and obi. Still there shouldn't be a problem with the black my Jedi was approved with a black cloak. Still to be sure it is always best to check with a costume judge first.

Good to see you have joined the KJO. Applause
(This post was last modified: 04-12-2013, 10:22 AM by stormraven.)
Back to top Find
Offline Snarky Posted 21-08-2014, 05:20 PM -

I'm finally getting this build up and running Tongue Wish me luck.
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 21-08-2014, 08:14 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Good LuckDancing Banana
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 22-08-2014, 06:44 AM -

Good luck. need help sourcing things let me know. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)