Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Returning from adventures in the South...

Abimused Posted 01-12-2013, 04:49 PM -

Hello everyone!

Some of you may know me, but I have a feeling you'll all be new to me! I'm Abi *waves* I'm a Brissie girl, but I've spent the last 6 years in Southern lands (first Sydney, then Adelaide). I've recently returned to the land of sunshine and I'm super keen to return to the Rebel fold!

I'll always be proud of the fact that I was one of the founding members of the original Tatooine outpost and I'm so excited to see how it's grown! I took a bit of a hiatus from costuming as I was finishing my studies and setting up my business, but I have a fully approved Jedi ready to go! I also have an almost finished Classic Leia (my 4th and most accurate version to date!) that has been sitting in a container for... 4 years now! eeeep! So I'm pretty keen to get that finished and start trooping as my favourite Rebel Princess Big Grin

I can't wait to meet you all!
Offline stormraven Posted 01-12-2013, 05:16 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Welcome back Abimused, to both Brisbane and to the Rebels Applause I'm new to the base but it would be great to have one of the founding members back on the roster. As you have probably noticed Tatooine Outpost has grown so much there are now separate Bases for NSW (Tython), VIC (Hoth) , and SA (Ryloth). with the rest of Australia still being conceded Tatooine territory.

I'm think the approval process is still the same as before your break but if you have any queries just ask and I'm sure someone here will be able to answer your questions.

I'll look forward to trooping with your Jedi or Princess Leia when you get settled in, but if you are settled and if you have a Blue card already there is the 4KQ children's event next Sunday Big Grin .
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 01-12-2013, 10:32 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Hey Abi just wondering if your previous forum name was Last_Chael , if it was you are still on the Legion Reserve for Ryloth Base, and as such you wont need to resubmit your costumes for approval.
Back to top Find
Abimused Posted 02-12-2013, 09:43 AM -

Thanks for the welcome Stormraven!

I am indeed Last_Chael, though I now use Abimused on forums. I wasn't sure how to go about it, as I'd really prefer to shut down that username and start fresh. I don't know if I can have my user name changed over there, or if I have to shut it down completely and resubmit my photos (which I'm happy to do). I don't have my first Jedi anymore (actually sold it to Beanie Tongue) and my Leia was beyond saving, which is why I'm working on my new one. I also have new boots for my current Jedi, so it might be better to do new photos. I'm still trying to decide if I wear a wig with it, or just use my real hair (which is currently pink and green... though my Jedi is green, so I figure it might work!).

I would have loved to do the event with you all, but my blue card ran out years ago and I've never gotten around to having it renewed. I will definitely need to do something about that!
Offline stormraven Posted 02-12-2013, 11:08 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Gday Abi you can always be Abimused to us Big Grin However since your old account is still on reserve status I think you will need to put in a request to change that one to your new name here. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=39389 And ask to change your base location here. http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42524 . And if you want to delete your old costumes there is this link http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=27828

As for the new Jedi leave your hair they way it is ( I want to see pics of this Tongue ) and call yourself a Zeltron. Also we are having a Base Christmas party on the 15th and it may be worthwhile checking with Sandman(Beanie) if you will able to come along to this (or wait until you are a full member again).
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 02-12-2013, 12:03 PM -
Tatooine Member

HEY ABI!!! welcome HOME!

always good to see and speak to you, since you were one of the first people i met when i joined Starwars up here! im more than happy to sell the Jedi robes back to you if you want abi, i dont really use or wear it anymore and if you want to join us for the xmas party you are more than welcome Abi.

once again Welcome home and welcome back to Tatooine Base.
Back to top Find
Offline Alcfalath Posted 02-12-2013, 03:27 PM -

Welcome Back Abi Big Grin Great to see you picking up the costumes again Smile
Back to top Find
Abimused Posted 02-12-2013, 05:14 PM -

Thanks Stormraven! Excellent!! You're a wealth of knowledge Big Grin I have requested to change my user name and I shall have my old Jedi removed. I'll keep the Leia up for the moment, and just update it once I've finished the new one as that's probably easier. Provided I can afford the wig, I should have it finished early next year! Big Grin

Um... as to changing bases. For personal reasons, I would really prefer not to have contact with the Ryloth Base command. Sandman, are you able to have me changed without me needing to contact them?

Thanks Sandman, it's so good to be back! I'm really excited to get back into trooping and meet all the new members! At this stage, I'm far too poor to buy my old Jedi robes back Tongue But feel free to put them up for sale! I ended up making my original design (which I still have plans to upgrade once I find the right fabric) so I'm happy with that Big Grin I would love to come to the Christmas party! Is there a thread with all the details?

Thanks Alcfalath! It's so good to be back at it! I still have SO many Star Wars costumes I want to make (possibly even joining the dark side Tongue) so I can't wait!! Big Grin
Offline Satay Posted 02-12-2013, 06:55 PM -

Welcome Abi! Always good to have a Leia on board Big Grin Looking forward to meeting you at a troop!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 03-12-2013, 02:22 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

Hi there Abi and welcome back. It's always good to hear members getting back into costuming from taking a break. The place and people may have changed but our willingness and helpfullness to new and old members hasn't.

If you need a hand with anything, just ask.

Sniper.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)