Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SatayCostume Approval Process

Offline Satay Posted 27-11-2013, 10:15 PM -

Howdy all,

I was just wondering if someone could explain the approval process once a member has submitted their pics.

As an avid costumer, I like to keep up with all of the new approvals and see what awesome new costumes are out there. Yet I've noticed that some approved costumes that get green lit aren't quite up to scratch. Example: I've seen one costume with approval pics that still clearly have sewing pins in them. Another where a costumer states in their character blurb that they don't have the required items, but promises to add them to the costume later on.

And since joining TB and getting to know a few members, I've heard the flip side of the scenario where people are asked to improve/change/add something before they can be approved.

So I guess my question is: how can there be such a large inconsistency across the board?

Clarification: Tatooine Base has excellent standards. I'm very proud that we're one of those bases who don't approve under par costumes. The examples I mentioned were from outside bases Big Grin

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline crypto Posted 02-12-2013, 07:38 AM -
Tatooine Member

My approval was a nightmare.......... I felt it was more bullying than approval.

I feel there is WAY too much politics involved in the approvals.
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 02-12-2013, 09:41 AM -
Tatooine Member

i have never had issues with my approvals, but my approved costumes are just stocko builds, not like a jedi or wookie.

From my understanding of the approval process is when pictures are submitted, they go to the Costume Judge and they then send it off to the character judge... ie Jedi judges or Clone judge, C3PO or Wookie judges.
they then judge it (accordingly) to the crl, if there is any issue they email the submitter and ask for changes and/or more pictures. if nothing is heard from the submitter after a while they deny the costume.

(This is how i understand the process, it may not actually run like that.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 02-12-2013, 11:19 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Hey Satay the process for the Rebel Legion is pretty much as Sandman described it, in the majority of cases the judges rely on the photos sent in and depending on the costume/judge workload this can be very quick ( my Jedi took less than 24 hours ) while others can take a while ( BRACE's pilot took 2 weeks ). But in some cases i.e. the person is known to the costume judge the they can get approved before its finished because the judges "know" the costume will be finished to the standard they expect. And like most things it comes down to the judge some are more picky/observant than others.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 02-12-2013, 07:06 PM -

Thanks guys. That's pretty much what I figured. It's just a shame that not all of the costume judges have the same standard of judging. Or dare I say, the same standard of judging that the 501st have. It's a bit of a kicker that some costumers work hard to get their costume as accurate as possible, whilst others are able to get approved with imprecise builds Huh

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)