Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

RebelrachRebel Christmas Get Together....Thoughts?

Offline Rebelrach Posted 18-11-2013, 04:28 PM -
Public Relations Officer

After consulting with Sandman, we thought we'd put it out there to see if there is interest in a Tatooine Base (Qld) Rebel Christmas get together.

Something central, at a restaurant or pub, pay for your own meal...nothing complicated.

Though a big group shot of everyone with their choice of Rebel weapon would be awesome (lightsabers on!). Not sure how feasible that is.

We're all spread out over Brissie and surrounds so happy for input. Maybe a Sunday night too ?

Cheers
Rach
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 18-11-2013, 04:47 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ooh, that sounds cool.

Yeah, somewhere central probably makes it easier for everyone.

Depending on the night, I'd be interested. Cool
Back to top WWW Find
Offline stormraven Posted 18-11-2013, 05:28 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

I would be keen to come along and a Sunday night would suit me best. Cool
Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 18-11-2013, 05:32 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

Interested, especially if it is on a Sunday night. Maybe Bibs and ribs at Helensvale?

http://bibsandribs.com.au/helensvale-store/

Too far?
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 18-11-2013, 06:33 PM -

Vapianos in the City is good, but it can get really noisy. There's also Jo-Jo's, which is good when trying to cater for everyone's appetites Smile

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 18-11-2013, 09:38 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Harlequins in the city (above Central Station) is good and cheap and caters for groups.

Depends on folk wanting to drive or train it, and the night.

Where do most people live? I'd say Bibs n Ribs is way too far for most folk.
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 19-11-2013, 05:16 AM -
Tatooine Member

Sunday would be a day to hold the event. I have two great locations that have good food and easy parking.
1: The Sakura Hut Japanese Restaurant, 3/433 Old Cleveland Road, Coorparoo. The food is really affordable and plenty of seating inside + it's a great little restaurant. They also serve alcohol.

2: Sono Japanese Restaurant Portside, 39 Hercules Street, Hamilton. Great location with easy parking. The food is more expensive than the Sakura Hut, but a great place for a private function. They also serve alcohol. http://www.sonorestaurant.com.au It would be essential to make a booking for exact numbers for attendance.

The Sono Japanese Restaurant Portside is very spacious and has great views from the restaurant. There are Cineamas located besides the restaurant as well as many other restaurants close by. There are plenty of things to do and see after dining. The location is also good for taking group photos.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2013, 07:01 AM by Jeadus Teal.)
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 19-11-2013, 08:13 AM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Depends on the day really.
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 19-11-2013, 02:00 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Can we agree on a Sunday then? Given its Xmas party season and late in the day to organise...

Sunday 1st or 15th December??

We could start early like 5pm or even earlier for a drink so folk travelling can attend and folk with families can come also.
(This post was last modified: 19-11-2013, 02:03 PM by Rebelrach.)
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 19-11-2013, 02:08 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

15th would be better for me as my mum is having Thanksgiving then. Soooo much food nom nom nom! But I am just one person so go with the majority.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)