Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SatayGeneric Female Jedi - WIP

Offline Satay Posted 25-08-2013, 07:26 PM -

So while I love my Twi'lek Jedi, it does become cumbersome to wear after a few hours. For that reason, I've decided to make a human Jedi that I can wear when I don't have time/energy to put together my Twi'lek.

As I already have most of the essentials for a Jedi, I'm going to use the same items from my Twi'lek costume, but change my tabard, obi, and hair.

[Image: Twilekfinal09.jpg]
My current Twi'lek outfit.

I have some fabric in mind for the scarf-style tabard and obi. I'm just wondering if the colour scheme/combination will be approvable. The main fabric I'm wanting to use for my obi is a dark purple colour close to plum. For my tabard, I want to use the same material, but then have a thin strip of a patterned material running down the middle, which is edged with a cream pipping. Here's a pic of the fabric.

[Image: Fabric01.jpg]
The dark purple at the top is the main material for the obi and tabard. The cream fabric I'm going to use for pipping on the inside of the tabard. The pattered material at the bottom is what I'm hoping to use for the strip running down the middle of the tabard.

Anyone have any insights on whether or not this fabric would be approvable?
(This post was last modified: 26-08-2013, 09:32 PM by Satay.)

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 26-08-2013, 12:53 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Hey Satay I look forward to seeing how this works out. Cool I think you would need to check with a costume judge to be sure but I'm sure that since you have an approved costume even if these combinations don't get approval you can still have it as an unapproved backup.

As for the colors going by this thread http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49614 there are a few colors similar to plum ( burgundy and mauve ). The CRL does allow for patterned tabards but can not be obviously from an Earth bound culture, Im not sure if that pattern would be too Earthly for the judges.

Cheers
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 26-08-2013, 10:52 PM -

(26-08-2013, 12:53 PM)stormraven Wrote: Hey Satay I look forward to seeing how this works out. Cool I think you would need to check with a costume judge to be sure but I'm sure that since you have an approved costume even if these combinations don't get approval you can still have it as an unapproved backup.

As for the colors going by this thread http://www.rebellegion.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=49614 there are a few colors similar to plum ( burgundy and mauve ). The CRL does allow for patterned tabards but can not be obviously from an Earth bound culture, Im not sure if that pattern would be too Earthly for the judges.

Cheers

Cheers for the link! I was trying to find a thread about fabrics and colours on the main forum, but didn't have any luck.

I'm thinking that the plum would be approvable, but that patterned material might cause some issues. I've posted the same thread on the RL forum, but haven't heard back from anyone yet.

This is a rough mock I've done for the design I have in mind. The cream on the piping matches my inner tunic and the beige in the patterned material on the tabard matches my outer tunic.

[Image: Human-Jedi_v02.jpg]

Fingers crossed I hear something back from a costume judge soon!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 27-08-2013, 12:28 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

wow that mock up looks a lot better than I thought it would. And done like that pattern loses a lot of its Earth culture look. Hopefully the judges will be ok with it as well.
Back to top Find
Offline Alcfalath Posted 27-08-2013, 08:16 PM -

Looks pretty awesome Smile can't wait to see it completed Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 09-09-2013, 09:43 PM -
Public Relations Officer

GORGEOUS!!!!! I love it!!!!
Back to top Find
Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 13-09-2013, 11:14 PM -

Those tabards are amazing! Smile

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline JediMel Posted 02-05-2014, 08:10 PM -

looking awesome. :-)
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)