Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

CatThrawnTroop report - Townsville Million Paws Walk

Offline CatThrawn Posted 19-05-2013, 01:01 PM -

Date: 19 May 2013

Venue: The Strand, Townsville

Time: 09:00 – 11:00

Mission: Participate in the Million Paws Walk which raises money for the RSPCA, and make the event more fun for everyone with our presence.

Trooper Attendance: CatThrawn, Seantrooper, NQDude

Guest Trooper Attendance: Jawa Ty, Khan-i-Wan-Kenobi the Chewie dog.

Support Crew: Some family stopped by to hold things and take photos.

Detail: We assembled around 08:30 and set up at the cars before proceeding over to the staging area prior to the walk starting. Fortune had it that the crowd was gathered to hear the introduction of the walk, so we had an audience and drew lots of attention.

Kids and adults had photos with us, WIN and Seven News both filmed us, and the Townsville Bulletin newspaper took photos. We were asked by the roving microphone about our costumes and characters, so CatThrawn took the mic to answer questions.

The walk started at 09:00. We started at the back as we knew we would be slower than most. Our AT-AT is no race dog! We were stopped many times along the walk for photos with people and dogs, including a giant one on two legs. We also posed with the Townsville Crocodiles (NBL) mascot ‘Croc’ back at the staging area, so will share that photo with the Crocodiles on Facebook.

We only did part of the actual walk, as the Strand is long and we would have been there all day sweltering as we stopped for photos. Instead we did the first leg of the walk and then hung around the main event area for photos.

Charity Funds Raised: Not a fundraiser, but we registered for the walk which involves paying $10-$15 each.

Injuries: Nil.

Malfunctions: An AT-AT tooth fell out, we put it back in.

Public Incidents: None, a couple of kids got shy, but all the dogs loved us!

Mission Status: Success. Would like for next year to arrange to carry donation tins so people can make a donation when having photos with us. Will work on that.

Photos: Photos are on my photobucket account, they can be shared from there. Will add more as they come my way. http://s1274.photobucket.com/user/CatThrawn/story/73833#
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 19-05-2013, 01:20 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

Looks like it was a great day out guys, I love the bandolier on the Chewie dog and the AT-AT. Cool

And this has to be one of the fastest troop report I've seen Applause great work Cat and I hope you weren't to shy talking to those reporters.
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2013, 01:22 PM by stormraven.)
Back to top Find
Offline CatThrawn Posted 19-05-2013, 02:35 PM -

lol, I wasn't shy anymore, thank you, but I could have spoken better words if I'd been remotely expecting it. Next time! Smile I did it fast or it would be another week before I got to it!!
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 19-05-2013, 05:07 PM -
Tatooine Member

hey good work, well done!
Back to top Find
Offline nishaknapp02 Posted 08-11-2022, 12:58 AM -
Banned

Why not settling on games that is fun and at the same time your earning. Well it'll make suspense because the game is well but dude just try it and it gave me hope while pandemic is real rn. Slot Themes
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)