Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Ashlyn_DubreasR1 Blue Squadron X-Wing Pilot Build Thread

Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 20-09-2019, 10:25 AM -

Got this photo from the person who is making the rest of my costume. This photo just shows the progress on the flightsuit. It is so exciting!

Jedi Weapon Master Ashlyn Dubreas
Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 26-09-2019, 07:43 AM -

I just thought to put Character details in here so I don't forget them.

Name: Nyla Teral
Blue Squadron Callsign:Blue 14 (Am planning on using number 14 for my Drop Bear number too)
Drop Bear Callsign: Mirrorbright
Fighter: T-65B X-Wing Fighter
Homeworld: Alderaan
Personality: Bubbly and mischievous on the ground. Ingenious and focused in the air.
Back Story: Was one of the few Blue Squadron pilots to survive the Battle of Scariff but did get captured by the Empire. After being tortured for information which didn't break her she tricked Admiral Tarkin and escaped. After returning to the Rebels she heard of the destruction of Alderaan. Nyla was good friends with Leia as they grew up in both Alderaan nobility and the Rebel Alliance. She continued to fight for the Rebellion for many years after.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 18-10-2019, 08:05 AM -

The suit and other pieces from Cospl88 has been shipped. Am so excited for this. However, bit of a dunce moment on my part I thought it included a chestbox but cannot see it listed in the description. Not sure whether that is a recent change or that it was never listed. I re-ordered the chestbox from DHPFX but it likely will not arrive before Brisbane Supanova.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 18-10-2019, 01:11 PM -

Correction a chestbox was included and has been sent. But I still don't think it will be approved in time for Brisnova. I won't be cancelling my order with DHPFX cause there is a 10% cancellation fee plus I know of a few people here in Australia who have told me that they are interested in doing the costume.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 29-10-2019, 07:40 AM -

My Cospl88 order (minus the chestbox which is still being shipped) has arrived. Am so excited about this. The second chestboxI ordered should be here today.

[attachment=384]

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 30-10-2019, 04:04 PM -

I tried the costume pieces I have on to look for anything I need to do to make everything more secure. Please ignore the fact that I put the flak vest on the wrong way, this is a learning curb for me. And yes I am aware that the belt is loose as that's one of the things on my list to fix up.

[Image: 6wPHlzv.jpg]

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 01-11-2019, 11:14 AM -

Chestbox from DHPFX fits perfectly and is so well made. My helmet is being shipped down from Townsville today.

[attachment=387]

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 11-11-2019, 01:37 PM -

Last week Valledor and I (mostly Valledor cause we ran out of time) did a whole heap of modifications and fixes to the costume and took some photos.

[Image: 7bMIE9M.jpg]

[Image: RljEe2M.jpg]

My Helmet also arrived in the mail today.

[Image: IMUH0Q6.jpg]

So while it missed it's original debut date of Brisnova 2019, I am now planning for it to be debuted at the QSO troop at the end of this month.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 14-11-2019, 10:17 AM -

Approval photos were taken yesterday. I sorted through them today and will be submitting them tonight.

https://imgur.com/a/XUYq8zI

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 20-11-2019, 07:27 AM -

It has pretty much been approved, just need to retake my action shot photo, as the chestbox was sitting too high..

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)