Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Star ScribeTime for Tree Change - Ewok Village Leia Progress

Offline Star Scribe Posted 24-06-2019, 06:03 PM -
Tatooine Member

Back from the holiday and making a start on the second costume for RL. The gracious Mammasith is working on the dress for me.

Before that though, I actually had my eye on this version of Leia around Goldnova. I did some prelim research on it through FB costuming groups and looking at reference pics. Personally didn't feel confident enough in my ability to make the dress from scratch and finish it (tbh whilst I have made costumes from scratch for comps and such before, I've gotten to the point where I enjoy alterations and smaller projects more).

So dress aside, I'm researching and sourcing the wig, braid extensions, leather cord for braids and sandals. I've already gotten links to a few approvable sandals from recently approved Ewok Village Leias and fellow Bun Squad members. I haven't committed dollars to those items yet as I'm still weighing up options and comparing to the RL standards and required effort.

JUNIOR SENATOR PROGRAM - DIGNITARY
[Image: s9GyYDx.png]
[Image: JBOEFd1.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 13-07-2019, 08:43 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ok so on my end of things, I've ordered the wig from WigIsFashion during their 4th of July sale last week- https://www.wigisfashion.com/collections...cts/ljk005 . Unfortunately it's backorder so it will take me a bit longer getting it here but I'd rather have something accurate and better for long term than something that gets here quicker but is more work to get right. At this stage I will hold out till I have the wig, and then will colour match brunette braids that I can attach to a clear headband (as per RL standards), criss-cross the leather cord over the braids and this way will be able to have a better idea of how thick the braids need to be.

Now the bad news was that the sandals, which other Ewok Village Leia's have been very recently approved with, doesn't ship to Australia on Amazon BUT the good news is I found one in the exact same style slightly better tone on Ebay that will ship to Australia so have purchased that one instead https://www.ebay.com.au/itm/Women-Sandal...1438.l2649. If the colour doesn't match the dress, I have in the past and am fairly experienced with colour changing shoes (including sandals) so will colour match if it doesn't look quite right. The important thing is I have the style as correct as possible as that's the harder part to get right and the strapping on the sandals are in the correct measurement range.
(This post was last modified: 13-07-2019, 08:45 PM by Star Scribe.)

Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 13-09-2019, 09:39 PM -
Tatooine Member

So updates!

Received the sandals a few weeks back now and colour changed them to match dress and found a way to cover the zippers that I didn't see would be on them.

The wig arrived from WigIsFashion a couple of weeks ago and is actually great. My original plan of reusing and restyling some braids I still had from a previous costume didn't work out and after a lot of searching found the perfect braid from YesStyle and got the express postage. I ordered a couple of extras so I have backups. The braid's colour matches up fairly well and looks the part. Just needs the leather cord to criss cross over and then gluing the braid to a headband.

Getting closer now so seems like approval photos aren't far off. Hoping approval will be sorted before Briznova.

Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 16-09-2019, 03:56 PM -

Yay!!! I cannot wait to see it approved!!!

Jedi Weapon Master Ashlyn Dubreas
Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 18-09-2019, 04:00 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks Ashlyn!

Received the completed dress, sash and cord from mammasith over the weekend. I then got that braid sorted criss crossing the cord and attaching the braid to a headband.

Today I've done submission photos and have submitted my application for approval!

Photo album here https://www.flickr.com/photos/145548988@...0892020546

Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 25-09-2019, 07:21 AM -
Tatooine Member

Had gotten the email just before the weekend that my application was picked up in the queue and being judged. Received feedback and have late last night, received my official approval email!

We did it! Woo!

Back to top Find
Offline TB1005 Posted 05-10-2019, 02:38 AM -

Hi Sarah, your final look is really gorgeous! The slightly wavy wig also looks very natural. Smile http://bit.ly/2nxadt4
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)