Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

CyclopsREBEL LEGION CHARITABLE MEMBER OF THE YEAR AWARD

Offline Cyclops Posted 12-02-2019, 02:56 PM -
Banned

Congratulations to Adam Lochowicz (Apok) , the worthy winner of the 2018 inaugural β€œ Charitable Member of the Year β€œ , based on the following nomination for his outstanding work on the Dreamworld Stormtrooper Weekends.

β€œFor the past 9 years Adam has organised the Dreamworld Stormtrooper weekend in Queensland Australia. This has been an event of great proportion.
This event has raised over $90,000 for charity and last year , sadly the final year ( directive from the mouse) saw this event raise $11000 over two days.
Dreamworld is the biggest theme park in Qld and this event organised by Apok became the largest legion gathering in the Southern Hemisphere with members from around Australia and overseas attending. This event in its first year started with about 20 troopers in its last year over 140 attended including troopers from the USA, Singapore and New Zealand.
Apok spent 10 months every year organising this event, this included a Jedi Academy training session for kids , a parade daily through the park which included all attending troopers (around 140) and Galactic Academy(50 kids) as well as months training members to participate in a Sith V Jedi battle for the public .
The organisation of this big ... nay MASSIVE event certainly warrants accolades.
Not only was it a great weekend to attend but many of us came away with not only a fantastic experience but we all came away with new friends from around Australia and overseas. β€œ

Join me in congratulating one of our own for bringing international recognition to the base .
Cyclops
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 12-02-2019, 03:41 PM -
Tatooine Member

Congratulations Apok!

Well deserved for the amount of work you had to put in to get this off the ground, and continually running to such a high level each year!

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 12-02-2019, 04:00 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Thanks to everyone that made the Dreamworld event as awesome as it was. This is a base award. Without you guys it would have been one angry man yelling at clouds.

A massive thanks to the SvJ team as well. They made lightsaber battles come to life and highlighted the jedi in a great way.

Cheers guys. I'm very humbled.
Back to top Find
Offline Squid Posted 14-02-2019, 08:38 AM -
Tatooine Member

Major congratulations Apok! This event will be very missed

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm so glad I found you, and didn't kill you.
Back to top Find
Offline DannytheBlue Posted 15-04-2019, 07:44 PM -
Tatooine Member

Well done mate , glad I at least made it down to one DW Smile
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)