Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SandmanTatooine Props!

Offline Payney Posted 08-05-2013, 01:09 PM -
Master Droid Builder

I couldn't find any decent pics of it, hopefully you get the idea.

[Image: 4940399259_10cef6bab5.jpg]

[Image: P8230186.jpg]

Can baytrooper do a BIG backdrop?
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM by Payney.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM -

That would be awesome, especially if we can have a Sandcrawler Set Backdrop behind it.

Or even a printed Homestead backdrop.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:10 PM by Hopfot.)

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 08-05-2013, 01:18 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

A Sandcrawler backdrop would be very useful. There are quite a few Jawa's, Tusken's in the works and a few RBG TD's as well that could all use this set.

Also we could talk to April, she as done a fantastic job of building props for the Mando's down south, very cheaply and easily.

I still have a Sandy gonk droid lurking in my garage whick could add to the effect.

I'd still like to see the Rebels have a table at BrisNova, next to the Redback table.

Snips.Smile
Back to top Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 08-05-2013, 01:22 PM -
Public Relations Officer

Well what would compliment what we currently have with our RB brothers, but also work standing alone? We have 2 'static' standing props and the big interactive one.

I love the pilot X-wing idea. Everyone wants to be a pilot! If we could source a cheapo helmet and how about half an orange jumpsuit ( just like a coat to the waist) that people can throw on over their cloths and BE a pilot!? That could only cater for individuals but who wouldn't want a photo of that!?! Perhaps we could do a basic cockpit first then even add on a bigger nose of the ship later on?

Otherwise for 2 punters for a land speeder, or 3 or more a Falcon cockpit... (You could take bigger donations for group pics)

Have to consider time and cost. If we're throwing our hats over the fence for Nova Bne, that's only 5 short months away?!? Yikes!

Sooo exciting folks!

And yes Beanie as banner bearer on both days at DW, a retractable tent pole for the Rebel Legion banner would be awesome... It was tricky carrying it in the breeze with the ropes and a blaster, so pole/s would be great!
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:26 PM by Rebelrach.)
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-05-2013, 01:44 PM -

I was thinking the same with the X-Wing Cockpit, it could be something that we build a little at a time and eventually end up with a whole ship. And if we do the cockpit and nose section, with a hanger backdrop, Snipers Droid could still be used as a prop in photos (plugged into and providing an APU to the X-Wing) and people could get photos in and standing next to the prop.

I think I mentioned somewhere that I'm looking at building an X-Wing Laser Cannon, but a smaller version as a carry around prop for my next Mando. However it would still be a step towards building a larger scale one eventually.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:48 PM by Hopfot.)

Back to top WWW Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 08-05-2013, 01:51 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

Now that GCSN and DW is in the books, is it worth having a meeting somewhere to discuss the props situation, to see what realistically we can do and what with timeframe? eg, this years BrisNova, next years CoastNova?
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM -

Well I think Yes a Meet and Planning would be an awesome idea. I think Brisnova could be pushing it, but we are Queenslanders, speaking of which, the title of this thread might need a change since I think this is more a Queensland Props discussion (not excluding the rest of TB as their input is much appreciated).

But back on track Brisnova COULD be pushing it, but as we are Queenslanders we have a habit of conducting the impossible. Tongue
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM by Hopfot.)

Back to top WWW Find
Offline Payney Posted 08-05-2013, 02:06 PM -
Master Droid Builder

Just so you are aware, a full scale X-Wing is 13m long, 11m wide and 4.5m tall with S-foils open, and 3m high from the ground on it's landing gear.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 02:07 PM by Payney.)
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 08-05-2013, 02:12 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

hey Payney have you seen this thread about Mon Cals landspeeder build ? http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=73482

There is also this one of a Tatooine wall build http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php...sc&start=0

I think if we want something done by BrisNova we should look into a backdrop or something like the wall build, both would be fairly quick to do up and we can always add more complex props to the Base later.
Back to top Find
Offline Payney Posted 08-05-2013, 02:25 PM -
Master Droid Builder

Yes, that is why I put up the pics of the Tatooine backdrop. Wouldn't be hard to glue some pvc pipe together for a evaporator Tongue

And Moncal is a genius, I have watched his build, if only he spent time doing other people PAID work....
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2013, 02:26 PM by Payney.)
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
2 Guest(s)