Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SandmanTatooine Props!

Offline Hopfot Posted 08-05-2013, 02:35 PM -

(08-05-2013, 02:06 PM)Payney Wrote: Just so you are aware, a full scale X-Wing is 13m long, 11m wide and 4.5m tall with S-foils open, and 3m high from the ground on it's landing gear.

Yep, I know. Hence why it would be built in sections. Tongue

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Rebelrach Posted 08-05-2013, 03:26 PM -
Public Relations Officer

I don't see us ever getting to a full scale X-wing. There's also the idea of a side on section of a cockpit, folk slide in and give the ok salute in a pic...

We have to consider what costumes folk already have or would be prepared to get to compliment a new prop... We'd want a few Xwing pilots or ground crew (whatever they look like) for a ship, or Jawas/Tuskens for Tatooine...

Love the theme of a Tatooine sunset or something to match our base name, we could get Luke style tunics for folks to put on... Look into the distance... Though I still reckon the cockpit idea would be more popular with punters... Just saying.. :-)
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 08-05-2013, 03:52 PM -
Tatooine Member

ok ill start to make a list up of props and then ill start a poll and you can all vote.
Back to top Find
Offline The Sniper Posted 08-05-2013, 04:01 PM -
<span style="color: #FF00FF;"><strong>Fallen Rebel Hero</strong></span>

A full scale X-wing would be cool, if one of hits the lotto. Realistically it would be great if we could have something for BrisNova13.

The Mos Espa Street Scene that stormraven suggested is fairly cheap, fairly easy and can be broken down to a transportable size.

The one thing that this thread doesn't show: http://www.501st.com/forum/viewtopic.php...sc&start=0

or here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=UU3iQW...EVLLQ0MS4w

Is the support structure that is needed to support the panels and of a person leaning against it.

I wouldn't mind taking a shot at building an vaporator tower.
Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 08-05-2013, 06:57 PM -
Tatooine Member

wow thats very cool to build!!!

any other ideas? might leave it open to the weekend and then poll it.
Back to top Find
Offline muppet Posted 08-05-2013, 07:02 PM -

Bacta tank?
Endor bunker, either as a backdrop or 3d prop

[Image: muppetmbogif.gif]
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 08-05-2013, 07:37 PM -

oooh. i like the idea of Endor, it could be done as a 3D set with a 2D backdrop of the Ewoke Treetops or the Bunker (unless the 501st want to make the Bunker). But with the Treetop Village we can have pretty much any costume, as it was where the Rebels celebrated their Victory. Tongue

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Sandman Posted 10-05-2013, 01:18 PM -
Tatooine Member

ok a poll has been created, now go vote!

http://tatooinebase.com.au/forum/showthread.php?tid=218
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)