Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Ashlyn_DubreasTLJ Rey Battle

Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 26-08-2018, 11:32 AM -

Hey Guys!

I have decided to change my plans a little bit. Originally was planning on doing an X-Wing Pilot costume as my third build but decided to push it back to fourth. I will be doing TLJ Rey battle. Any advice would be very much appreciated. The only parts I haven't fully figured out yet is the belt, boots, wristband and those sort of pieces. So if you know anywhere that does those pieces soecifically that are up to standard please let me know.
(This post was last modified: 09-09-2018, 04:15 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Jedi Weapon Master Ashlyn Dubreas
Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 16-09-2018, 08:20 PM -

Here is a picture.
(This post was last modified: 16-09-2018, 08:21 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 24-09-2018, 10:15 PM -
Tatooine Member

When I researched doing my for fun cosplay of Battle Rey I found the Scavenger Sisters FB group super useful. I know that a lot of the approved ones bought boots from Po-Zu and were screen accurate without alterations. A few Sisters also make to standard belts and wristbands too and were approved at overseas bases. The brown outer tunic is actually a blanket you can buy from Amazon with the correct patterning on it but often requires dyeing to get the colour right.

JUNIOR SENATOR PROGRAM - DIGNITARY
[Image: s9GyYDx.png]
[Image: JBOEFd1.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 25-09-2018, 08:42 AM -

Yeah I joined the Facebook group a while ago and have found someone to make the bracer, belt and holster as well as another person to make the boots. I looked at the Po-Zu boots but they are not screen accurate enough for my own standards let alone the RL standards in my opinion. Plus the $400AUD proce tag turned me away, if I am going to pay that much for a pair of boots I want it to be 100% screen accurate. At the moment, I am looking at a few people who are RL approved members who make the soft pieces. So far my plan is to have the build done and approved by Goldnova next year.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 01-10-2018, 10:43 AM -

Update: Here are pics of all the leather pieces I will be getting from Rebel Legion members from oversees. The boots are from two different members in the USA (still deciding between them) and the bracer, belt and holster are from a member in Germany.

http://imgur.com/a/yjGoVmE
(This post was last modified: 04-10-2018, 08:33 AM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 06-10-2018, 09:41 AM -

Update: I have started the build a tad earlier than I had originally planned. Have chosen these items after much research and nawing it over in my head. Turns out that I am second/third RL member to have done this costume build in Australia/New Zealand so I am really excited to get it approved and to troop in it.

http://imgur.com/a/YEKOkvV
(This post was last modified: 07-10-2018, 06:30 AM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Moo Posted 06-10-2018, 02:44 PM -
Tatooine Member

Good to see you chipping away at this one Smile

Keep up the progress, and the updates

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 18-10-2018, 08:05 PM -

How is that? I get approved with my TI Reserve and the bandages for my Rey costume arrive on the same day. Also got some cool free goodies from the girl I sourced them through.

http://imgur.com/a/nNkpOBC
(This post was last modified: 18-10-2018, 08:09 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 19-11-2018, 06:02 PM -

The costume is progressing amazingly. My boots are currently under construction. And I have a plan for all the fabric pieces. It was great to see the actual costume with my own eyes on Supanova weekend. I am more confident than I was previously. I also have the lightsaber!!
(This post was last modified: 29-11-2018, 06:21 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 29-11-2018, 06:21 PM -

I now have the bracer, have bought fabric for tabards and tunic. Everything is comming along smootly.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)