Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Operation Stardust- My Jyn Build Journey

Offline shawnmfyfe Posted 13-11-2018, 04:21 PM -
Tatooine Member

Was nice to catch up and have a chat! Looking forward to you joining and representing the R1 crew. Smile

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Using Tapatalk
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 03-12-2018, 04:42 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks shawnmfyfe- was awesome to chat with you at nova!

Meanwhile I've gotten my hands on the Traywick Designs vest card and slides, painted, weathered and attached to vest.

Finally did weathering today ahead of my first submission attempt. At this stage, I really need a judge's advice moving forward if there's something else I should do to it. I just need to quickly fix some stitching that came undone first.

Photos here- https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...1762888599

JUNIOR SENATOR PROGRAM - DIGNITARY
[Image: s9GyYDx.png]
[Image: JBOEFd1.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 05-12-2018, 07:40 PM -
Tatooine Member

I've bitten the bullet today. All the weathering and adjustments done, so have attempted my first application.

To be completely honest, am totally nervous but I have come a long way in 2 years of building Jyn.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_f...1762888599

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 06-12-2018, 05:38 AM -
Tatooine Member

Best of luck! Applause

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Donut Posted 06-12-2018, 02:55 PM -
Tatooine Member

Good luck with the approval!
Back to top Find
Offline Jeadus Teal Posted 06-12-2018, 06:43 PM -
Tatooine Member

Best of luck with your costume application Star Scribe. Your Jyn Erso costume looks pretty good in your photos.
Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 10-12-2018, 10:23 AM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks everyone! Cool

Haven't heard anything yet, still eagerly awaiting judgment at this point. Is there any way to check that it's still in the queue? I did get a screen after filling out the application had been entered into the database so I would think it is.

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 10-12-2018, 10:49 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Star Scribe,

your application was successfully submitted, so it's currently in queue to be assessed by a Legion Costume Judge (LCJ). Your judge should make contact with you once they start their assessment, and will contact you if they need anything for your application Smile

Hopefully it wont be too much longer!

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 10-12-2018, 11:11 AM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks Moo, I really appreciate that. Smile

Back to top Find
Offline Star Scribe Posted 17-12-2018, 06:59 PM -
Tatooine Member

So I heard back over the weekend and there are a few things to fix (7 to be exact so at least it's a single digit number and fairly minor fixes). They were very happy with the weathering particularly and the vast majority of it though and have even given me some great guidance on how to fix a couple things.

I've already managed to get 3 of the 7 things underway- providing a close up photo of the holster, having the four rivets on the back of the belt visible (silly me didn't realise they weren't visible in the submission photos) and have ordered the correct buckles for the knee straps.

The other 4, I've just got to do a trip to Spotlight to get thread and webbing for the vest. From there it's just some reworking on the vest back (have been given a tutorial for it), some stitching on the vest collar and a redo of the knee strap casing on the pants. The good news, I'm actually capable enough with my sewing ability to do these.

As for the 3 weeks given, my concern really is the shipping time for the buckles due to Christmas/New Years. The rest I'm fairly confident I can get done. I've looked everywhere to get the correct buckles locally however in the end needed to get the ones from the US as they just seem to be not available here and these are the ones that other approved Jyns have used. So generally speaking I'm hopeful.

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
3 Guest(s)