Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

SatayTwi'lek Jedi

Offline nassik Posted 28-04-2013, 01:02 PM -

I suggest the smaller ones. They look less like pens. And their size is more proportional to the belt.

For giggles, here is the type of pen that was originally used:
http://cgi.ebay.com.au/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?...ink:top:en
(This post was last modified: 28-04-2013, 01:07 PM by nassik.)

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 28-04-2013, 01:51 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

I agree with nassik the smaller one look better but depending on how close or how picky the judges are on the day they may be a bit too big i.e. they are complete pens not just the lids. Still I would paint them up and submitt your pics and see what the judges say.
Back to top Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 28-04-2013, 09:00 PM -
Tatooine Member

I agree, the smaller ones would be better.

But.....

Hey, yay, you made it one here.

I was the one pestering you and Darth Maul at Supanova to join us.

I reckon you look just about ready to submit your photos.

You could give it a go. You may get approved first go, or at least you'll find out any little edits you need to do.

Can't wait to troop with you guys.

It's great to have more Twi leks in our group. I love them too.

I have an Oola approved. I'm waiting on my Darth Talon to hopefully get approved. And I'm about to do the final updates on my Aayla Secure and submit that.

Great job! Dancing Banana
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 30-04-2013, 11:53 PM -

Thanks for the feedback, guys. I was leaning towards the smaller ones too. I'll attempt to primer them tomorrow after i've taken out the innards and glued the lids to the shells.

(28-04-2013, 09:00 PM)Jediprincess Wrote: Hey, yay, you made it one here.

I was the one pestering you and Darth Maul at Supanova to join us.

I reckon you look just about ready to submit your photos.

You could give it a go. You may get approved first go, or at least you'll find out any little edits you need to do.

Can't wait to troop with you guys.

It's great to have more Twi leks in our group. I love them too.

I have an Oola approved. I'm waiting on my Darth Talon to hopefully get approved. And I'm about to do the final updates on my Aayla Secure and submit that.

Great job! Dancing Banana

Yes, I remember you. We were very humbled by your enthusiasm over our costumes Blush

Wow, you have three Twi'lek costumes?! Impressive! Rock on Do you have separate lekku for each one or do you just repaint a pair depending on what costume you're wearing?

We're really looking forward to trooping with you guys too--thanks for encouraging us to join!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 01-05-2013, 01:00 AM -

Yeah definitely the smaller ones.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Jediprincess Posted 01-05-2013, 03:42 PM -
Tatooine Member

At the moment, I share the same lekku for Oola and Aayla, but I have a seperate longer Lekku for Darth Talon. Smile
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Satay Posted 04-05-2013, 12:23 AM -

(01-05-2013, 03:42 PM)Jediprincess Wrote: At the moment, I share the same lekku for Oola and Aayla, but I have a seperate longer Lekku for Darth Talon. Smile

Nice! Cool Do you find that your lekku tends to pull on your head after a while? I found mine very heavy by the end of Supanova Sunday! Tongue

So, I painted the food capsules this week and did some experimenting with positioning things on the belt. I think I have a good balance now with the pouch on one side and the food caps, plus coverter clip on the other.

[Image: 16Twilek.jpg]
Belt updated with food capsules and coverter clip. I also tweaked my tabard so that it sat better on my body (turns out it was too wide originally).

[Image: 17Twilek.jpg]
Testing it out with the robes. The little half gloves I was waiting on also arrived (this will save me from having to paint my hands every time). I'm glad the colour matched my obi nicely.

I'll have the whole costume on tomorrow for May 4th, so I'll be able to take some updated pics for application. I think I have everything to meet the criteria now Big Grin Fingers crossed!

Sarah

"Let's just say my master will always do what needs to be done. I'm not even sure how peacetime will agree with him." -- Ahsoka Tano
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 04-05-2013, 04:58 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Looks really quite good Satay. The tabards and the cloak seem to be sitting right and the capsules and pouch do seem to balance each other quite nicely. Cool

I have heard a few Twileks say that the Lekku do get a bit heavy after a while so it may take a few troops to get used to them.

Good luck with your approval pics I cant see you having any problems.
Back to top Find
Offline Satay Posted 07-05-2013, 10:01 PM -

Thanks stormraven! I'm really happy with how it's all come together Big Grin

I finally submitted my application last night and got a response this morning. The Legion Costume Team were very positive about the actual costume, but they told me that they don't accept pink lightsabers. I queried if I could get away with calling it magenta, but was asked to call it purple.

The thing is, I had a look through the RL Jedi roster before I submitted my application and found multiple listings for Jedi with both pink and magenta sabers:

Are these examples worth raising with the LCT? Huh I only ask, because I don't think purple is an accurate description for my saber (see pics below).

[Image: 15Twilek.jpg]

[Image: PinkSaber01.jpg]

What do you guys think?

Sarah

Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 08-05-2013, 06:23 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

I thought the Pink lightsaber might be a problem for the LCT, unfortunately the team changes over time and in the past other members may have been happy to accept pink or magenta coloring. In the 501st you can't use already approved costumes as guidelines for your own costume, so for the current team I suspect it will be much easier to call your sabre Purple than trying to argue with them about it.

Still if the only issue they have with your costume is the color of the lightsabre I would just change it to get approved.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)