Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

Obi wan 86Jedi belt

Offline Obi wan 86 Posted 07-05-2018, 05:53 PM -

Once I get my costume finished and if I get approved I will have to bring him to events

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 07-05-2018, 09:24 PM -

Haha! One of the few photos of me that I have seen, still working out the posing properly. Thank you. He is so cute. Can't wait to troop with you in the future.

The belt is made out of vinyl which they can't tell in the approval photos but it means that if you fold it like I did to mine you could cause wear and tear to it. I've had my for almost 7 years now and until recently it was stored folded in a suitcase. Now I have it sitting on my chest of draws so that it stays intact for longer. Inevitably I will have to eventually get a new one but if you don't fold it then it will last you even longer. Just thought to tell you this so you don't repeat my mistakes.
(This post was last modified: 07-05-2018, 10:23 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Jedi Weapon Master Ashlyn Dubreas
Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Obi wan 86 Posted 08-05-2018, 09:50 PM -

(07-05-2018, 09:24 PM)Ashlyn_Dubreas Wrote: Haha! One of the few photos of me that I have seen, still working out the posing properly. Thank you. He is so cute. Can't wait to troop with you in the future.

The belt is made out of vinyl which they can't tell in the approval photos but it means that if you fold it like I did to mine you could cause wear and tear to it. I've had my for almost 7 years now and until recently it was stored folded in a suitcase. Now I have it sitting on my chest of draws so that it stays intact for longer. Inevitably I will have to eventually get a new one but if you don't fold it then it will last you even longer. Just thought to tell you this so you don't repeat my mistakes.

Yeah that’s great. I will order one tonight. What’s the best process to apply to join etc?

Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 08-05-2018, 10:46 PM -

Cyclops and MammaSith took my approval photos at their place. But there is an Armour Party coming up on the 2nd of June at Sticky and Iceheart's place which you can take your approval photos at. However, that may be too late to be able to troop at Dreamworld as I am pretty sure the cutoff date for costume approvals is the 20th of May. Not sure whether you were wanting to troop at Stormtrooper Weekend though.

For Approval process though, best advice I can give is make sure everything is ironed before you take the photos. Make sure you look over the CRL for Obi-wan Kenobi and that you have everything. Don't turn your lightsaber on for the action shot as they will photoshop the blade in. Take a front view, back view, side view of both sides (one with your arm raised to show the sleeve of the tunic reaches the right point) and close up shots of any of the extra pieces that the CRL calls for. Not sure what it is for Obi-wan but the min of 3 extras for my Generic Jedi costume are my food pellets, pouches and under tunic.
(This post was last modified: 08-05-2018, 10:53 PM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Thrawn V'jun Posted 10-05-2018, 07:11 PM -

Hello there, Obi-Wan 86!

In relation to your question about Jedi belts, I ended up making my own Jedi belt when I created my Jedi robes Mark II 2 years ago.

It wasn't as hard as I initially thought, though it did cost a bit to get the materials and tools (I bought the leather from Packer Leather up Deception Bay way), and it did take some time to work out the measurements etc.

However I am rather proud of my achievement (pic attached).
Note: The buckle and food capsules were salvaged from my old Master Replicas Anakin Skywalker belt.

So as an alternative, if you weren't already aware, you do have the option of making your own belt Smile

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

"May The Force be with you!" - Obi-Wan Kenobi
"Good. Twice the pride, double the fall. I've been looking forward to this" - Count Dooku
"If so powerful you are, why leave?" - Jedi Master Yoda
Back to top Find
Offline Obi wan 86 Posted 10-05-2018, 07:59 PM -

(10-05-2018, 07:11 PM)Thrawn Vjun Wrote: Hello there, Obi-Wan 86!

In relation to your question about Jedi belts, I ended up making my own Jedi belt when I created my Jedi robes Mark II 2 years ago.

It wasn't as hard as I initially thought, though it did cost a bit to get the materials and tools (I bought the leather from Packer Leather up Deception Bay way), and it did take some time to work out the measurements etc.

However I am rather proud of my achievement (pic attached).
Note: The buckle and food capsules were salvaged from my old Master Replicas Anakin Skywalker belt.

So as an alternative, if you weren't already aware, you do have the option of making your own belt Smile

Hi,
Thanks for the ideas, the hand made belt looks amazing. I might take a look at what I can get locally and might attempt that. Thanks again

Back to top Find
Offline Obi wan 86 Posted 02-10-2019, 05:15 PM -

So turns out my obi wan costume no longer fits. Let’s see if we can get my new one made in time for Brisnova and apply to join the base. Anyone going this year? Would be great to meet up.

So turns out my obi wan costume no longer fits. Let’s see if we can get my new one made in time for Brisnova and apply to join the base. Anyone going this year? Would be great to meet up.

(This post was last modified: 02-10-2019, 05:15 PM by Obi wan 86.)
Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 03-10-2019, 08:42 AM -

Hi
I am the new Temple Master. We will be attending Brisbane Supanova this year as will quite a few Jedi. Feel free to send me a message if you would like some assistance. If you need new items to be made, I suggest contacting Mamasith or Valledor who are both amazingly talented at making Jedi costumes.

Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)