Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

CatsaRebel fleet trooper WIP

Offline Catsa Posted 11-02-2018, 12:37 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hello all

So after receiving my letter of recommendation from the defence force, I have decided to jump in and finally start working on 'tis costume I have been putting off doing for ages. I will with any luck, be able to accomplish my goal by the end of the year, where I will most likely go into basic training.

The rebel fleet trooper has always been a favourite of mine for some reason, and I am more than keen to really get started on it. I have already received lots of amazing advice from people and am going to hopefully get most of the bits and pieces sorted within the next week or two.

So if anyone happens to know of any good places to get parts for the rebel fleet trooper, or have any advice at all about anything, it would be greatly appreciated! I will post here as I begin to put it together, obviously.

Thank you!
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 11-02-2018, 11:56 AM -
Tatooine Member

Howdy Catsa,

I'm not familiar with local resources for the RFT, but someone who is will be along shortly Wink

Some advice would be to ask a million questions before making any purchases. Questions are free, mistakes are costly.

Keep us updated with your progress, I live vicariously though other peoples builds Big Grin

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Catsa Posted 12-02-2018, 10:46 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks, I've already started with bugging people with questions!

So I think I have the first part, and that is he pants. They are just grey cargo pants with plenty of large pockets. I use them regularly for various types of training, and they have held up pretty well. If I can figure out how to post a photo here, I will do.
Back to top Find
Offline Catsa Posted 15-02-2018, 10:28 PM -
Tatooine Member

And now I can update my slow as a snail wip. I am fairly satisfied with the pants I have, nothing too special.

[Image: 5prg4l.jpg]

And just for perspective, me wearing them after finally getting one of the lights back (our power has been mostly not working). And here you have me, wearing the pants and a purple pajama shirt. Photogenic, I know.

[Image: bj93di.jpg]

After that, I am next trying to take care of the shirt. I have gotten most other stuff ordered, and have even managed to chase a few things down from some friends, so I will hopefully go grab them in the next week or so.
I have a fairly basic blue work shirt that my martial arts group likes to use for when we are trying to look nice. This one is a bit old and not entirely holding together

[Image: 28bvi8h.jpg]

But in terms of a shirt, it's the best I've managed to track down so far. I'm also notoriously bad for not being able to get shades of colours right, so I could very well be wrong about it.... Anyway, these shirts are easy to come across (my instructor likes to keep several on hand, just in case), so I might at least be able to use them to practice making the bib and doing any adjustments that I need to do.

I also apologise of the not so great lighting, but it's about the strongest light we have right now and I was working all day sadly...

Now if I can figure out how to rotate the pictures, that would be perfect!
Thankyou for sitting through this
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 16-02-2018, 11:19 AM -
Tatooine Member

It may just be me, but I cannot see any photos Sad

Back to top Find
Offline Catsa Posted 16-02-2018, 02:30 PM -
Tatooine Member

They're showing up fine for me... I am not good at this forum thing. I will check t again when I get home, see if I can do something about that
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 16-02-2018, 03:28 PM -
Tatooine Member

(16-02-2018, 02:30 PM)Catsa Wrote: They're showing up fine for me... I am not good at this forum thing. I will check t again when I get home, see if I can do something about that

It's probably just me tbh, work got a little strict on things so I've noticed I can't see a few things that I used to be able to Blush

Back to top Find
Offline Catsa Posted 16-02-2018, 03:30 PM -
Tatooine Member

Ah, always fun! I mean, I could very well have just done something wrong with it, since it took me forever to figure it out. I'm really not good at forums. It's a talent.
Back to top Find
Offline Drone Posted 17-02-2018, 09:41 AM -
Tatooine Member

Pictures are working fine for me (90 degrees counter-clockwise and all Wink ) I'm afraid I'm next to useless when it comes to RFT costumes though, I'm only new to Rebel Legion
Back to top Find
Offline Catsa Posted 17-02-2018, 10:39 AM -
Tatooine Member

Sorry bout that, it took me long enough to even get the pictures up. I'll figure out rotating it eventually. Thanks for letting me know that they're working though!
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)