Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

AltairQueen St Mall Grand Parade 2017

Offline Altair Posted 10-06-2017, 06:37 PM -
Tatooine Member

Date: 3rd June 2017

Venue: Queen Street Mall, Brisbane QLD

Time: 11.00am - 1.00pm

Mission: Make everyone in Queen Street Mall STOP & LOOK, have some fun, and raise donations for Kidney Health Australia.

Trooper Attendance: Too many to list here! We had over 50+ troopers and wranglers! Fantactic work team!

Charity Funds Raised: $951.50

Injuries / Malfunctions: None to report. I am sure there is some wear & tear but nothing a bit of glue wont fix Smile

Public Incidents: None to report.

Mission Status: Success! More runs on the board for the Rebels!

Details/Photos:

There was no better way to kick off celebrations for the highly anticipated Galactic Empire Charity Ball than with a grand parade on the day! Numerous troopers and Jedi knights marched right through heart of Brisbane with crowds of onlookers stopping to admire the mighty Rebels! Both Rebel and Imperial forces worked together for a great cause – to raise money and awareness for Kidney Health Australia.  

Sofia Kudlak (QLD Community Services Manager for Kidney Health Australia) has passed on her sincere thanks - "Thank you once again for supporting KHA at the Queen Street Parade.  You guys were fantastic and I was very impressed with the organisation of the event and your strong commitment. We are very proud to have you as a KHA supporter and I look forward to working with you in any future activities that may come up." 

The media exposure was outstanding, we were mentioned in numerous newspapers (Brisbane Times, Sydney Morning Herald, WA Today, Canberra Times, The North West Star, Redland City Bulletin, just to name a few...) as well as Channel 7 News report on the night.   

A big thank you to everyone who was able to make it from all of the clubs (Rebel Legion / 501st / Galactic Academy), the Tattersall's Club for generously providing a more than spacious change room, and the awesome piper Fergus for leading our parade!

[Image: UQkDMm8.jpg]

Whoops, looks like I have to resize the post
(This post was last modified: 10-06-2017, 06:57 PM by Altair.)
Back to top Find
Offline RedaV Posted 10-06-2017, 07:37 PM -
Tatooine Executive

Thank you so much for specially organising the alternative change room for 3PO & Chewie (Payney). It was really great for both of us to be able to join in on the fun at the end of the parade. Big massive thanks to Sara & Beanie for assisting us kit up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
(This post was last modified: 13-06-2017, 07:53 AM by RedaV.)

Regards,

RedaV

AKA: Shawn
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Cyclops Posted 10-06-2017, 09:17 PM -
Banned

Awesome job by all who attended this event and supported an event close to our hearts , it led perfectly into the charity ball .
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 11-06-2017, 04:57 PM -
Tatooine Member

Tip of the hat to you all, looks like a fab time!

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)