Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

KttyThe Journey To Becoming A Jedi

Offline Hopfot Posted 08-06-2017, 10:03 AM -

(07-06-2017, 09:00 PM)JediCasey Wrote: Hello Hopfot - thanks! It's definilty something I'm trying to be cautious of, maybe I should just stick to more basic colours - the burgundy is just so nice!

The burgundy will be fine, it's just if you had say black and red as the ONLY 2 colours in your Jedi, that there could be a problem. As an example a member who passed away a couple of years ago, he had a Jedi that was just Black and Red, with orange light sabers. He was approved but with updates in the approvals, he wouldn't be able to get approved today.

With the combinations of what is in the picture should be fine.
If you check out the Generic Jedi Standards on the main RL page, you'll see that Burgundy is in the colour pallet. http://newsite.rebellegion.com/jedi-cost...s-generic/
I've just had a scan myself and it's changed since I last saw it. Tongue

I really love your choice, diversity of colours in our Jedi is something I massively encourage. The old school brown and tan Jedi is great, but when you have an army of jedi of all different colours (greyed and dull, no fluro) it makes for some awesome photos. I myself am a primarily Blue and White Jedi tunic, with black tabards, belt, boots and cloak. Plus I went outside the norm tunic style. Tongue

The only thing that is set in stone on colours, is the colour of Boots and Belts, they MUST be either Black or Brown and Matching between the 2. Wink

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ktty Posted 08-06-2017, 11:58 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Cyclops

I didn't even think of that - Mamasith made my sisters Mara Jade suit and damn she's crazy good at sewing

I'll have to try find her on here to ask Smile

Ooooh an orange saber sounds so awesome!

Blue, white and black sounds like such an awesome colour combo! Yeah, that's my thinking behind being a little *different* in colour combos, to try and sway away from the normal one ahaha.

Yep, looking at some black boots to match the belt
(This post was last modified: 08-06-2017, 12:00 PM by Ktty.)

Somebody has to save our skins
Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 08-08-2017, 09:59 PM -
Tatooine Member

So I got a little side tracked and have stumbled on making myself Jedha Jyn Erso.

I'm very new to the world of 3D printing and blasters and am curious as to if anyone can point me in the right direction. Are printed kits easy to put together for newbies or would I be better off purchasing one that's already been put together?

Again, sorry for all the questions and thank you for all your help ?

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 09-08-2017, 06:49 AM -
Tatooine Member

Good question, and I'd like to know the answer too Smile

I'm sure someone with knowledge will be along shortly

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 09-08-2017, 03:46 PM -
Tatooine Member

Thanks Moo - I'll just have to keep searching around!

Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 02-03-2018, 09:32 PM -
Tatooine Member

Wow I'm just super distracted and lazy in life!

I am hopefully purchasing some robes off cosplaysky (looking at these for Generic http://au.cosplaysky.com/star-wars-kenob...-made.html) and a belt from costumebase (http://www.thecostumebase.com/obi-deluxe...uctReviews)

At the moment I'm just going for a straight up Generic look while I pool by money and teach myself better sewing skills to make some cooler things!

I know there will be some modifications needed to get these items approved and am happy to work through them as they come

Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 03-04-2018, 07:57 PM -
Tatooine Member

I ordered my robes from CosplaySky with custom measurements, gave them my measurements and all the fun stuff.

They arrived two sizes too big and I’ll just going to sit here and cry a little

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 04-04-2018, 08:06 AM -
Tatooine Member

Oh no!!! How bad is it? Could a little snippy snip fix it?

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Cyclops Posted 04-04-2018, 02:46 PM -
Banned

Unfortunately this is fairly common practice from cosplay sky , their custom made to fit and adherence to our costume standards is loose at best , most need altering at a minimum .
Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 05-06-2018, 08:44 PM -
Tatooine Member

CosplaySky sent me new robes in a better match to my measurements . I’ll probably still have to add some Velcro or snap buttons to keep it up nicer

I do still need to get boots and found some that better match my current budget situation than the ones up at the Sunshine Coast

Here are the ones I found today Jedi Boots

I apologise if the link/album doesn’t work, I haven’t uploaded photos this way before haha

I’ll try upload photos of the robes tomorrow
I’d love to somehow have the costume approved by Dreamworld - not sure if I will but I’ve got to try

Any help or tips are greatly appreciated ❤️

Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)