Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

KttyThe Journey To Becoming A Jedi

Offline Ktty Posted 29-05-2017, 01:19 PM -
Tatooine Member

I'm looking at starting the journey that is becoming a Jedi.

Does anyone have any suggestions on purchasing base sets. I saw a few online at cosplaysky but was unsure of if that would be acceptable. I've read that their hoods aren't the best.
I found a few good tutorials online for sewing your own but I am very very new to sewing complete outfits (I can do simple modifications) and am a little worried I'll mess up.

Always happy to have input from others who have been down the same road/know what they're doing Smile

Somebody has to save our skins
Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 29-05-2017, 07:29 PM -
Tatooine Member

Would something like this be ok?

[Image: il_570xN.1072809567_nm8m.jpg]

[Image: il_570xN.1073232375_eu6m.jpg]

I quite like the colours of them too but am also aware that Earthy colours are more accepted. I would like to pair burgundy tunic with a khaki or chocolate tabards. Would brown boots be acceptable for that?

I'm looking at purchasing my lightsaber sometime soonish too - loving Ultrasabers. Is it ok to have non-sound lightsabers? Thinking of a green
(This post was last modified: 29-05-2017, 08:16 PM by Ktty.)

Back to top Find
Offline Snarky Posted 04-06-2017, 08:14 PM -

Hey,
Late reply here Tongue

Have you checked out these guys yet? https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/FarFarAwayO...-info-name
They look like a good place to start and they do multiple colour variations as well.

The burgundy tunic sounds awesome and I don't just say that as a fellow burgundy jedi Wink Surprisingly it works well with chocolate brown as you can see in the photo I've attached.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 05-06-2017, 09:47 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Snarky

Your robes looked so good at Dreamworld!

Yeah I've been messaging that store actually haha, so thank you! I just wasn't too sure of their robes would meet all the requirements for Jedi robes.

Ah, I'm so loving the burgundy more seeing how your colours look together, THANK YOU!
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 06:40 AM by Ktty.)

Back to top Find
Offline Snarky Posted 06-06-2017, 01:14 AM -

Oh I forgot these guys.

https://www.etsy.com/au/listing/17712241..._gallery_5

A bit more on the pricier side but they get approval from RL.
Back to top Find
Offline Ktty Posted 06-06-2017, 06:39 AM -
Tatooine Member

Thank you!
(This post was last modified: 06-06-2017, 06:40 AM by Ktty.)

Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 06-06-2017, 08:32 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hiya JediCasey!

Cosplaysky is pretty decent for a base set, but you will definitely need to get a new robe as it wont meet the approvable standards. The belt usually needs replacing also (another Padawan has the belt in the set and it looks quite decent (only lacking the capsules etc) so they may have improved the belt quality recently).

Unfortunately I'm not personally familiar with the other places.

Best of luck Smile

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Hopfot Posted 06-06-2017, 09:19 PM -

Only thing left to say that I can think of here is, The colours in the above pics are fine. just be mindful of the Reds and Blacks (especially if put together) the Judges don't look too kindly on it, as it generally considered sith colours. Otherwise, yes the above colours seem fine, the green and browns are the safest.

"This weapon is your life" - Obi-Wan Kenobi.
Back to top WWW Find
Offline Ktty Posted 07-06-2017, 09:00 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Moo

Thank you, I did read somewhere that the robe was pretty bad so that's always something I can try working on. Thanks for te belt tip - I thought it looked okish but always something good to have in mind just in case

Hello Hopfot - thanks! It's definilty something I'm trying to be cautious of, maybe I should just stick to more basic colours - the burgundy is just so nice!

Back to top Find
Offline Cyclops Posted 08-06-2017, 05:51 AM -
Banned

If you're interested in or want a set of quality customised robes PM Mammasith our BMO .
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)