Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

The Journey To Become A Jedi - WIP

08IWN Posted 12-05-2017, 09:26 PM -

Hi everyone it has started thanks to the guys that helped me in my other post i have now received my first item boots. hehe.

I got them from costume creations by Robin on the sunshine coast.

[Image: IMG_2165.jpg]

next i have ordered my full jedi robe and tunic just need to sort a belt and a Saber. i will keep everyone updated the ultimate goal would be to have it pretty close to ready in 2 weeks ready for the Dreamworld troop day but thats getting cocky kid. hehe.
Offline Moo Posted 12-05-2017, 10:16 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hey Dave, looks like you're off to a great start!

I found the place I got my belt/pouches from if you're still chasing some sources, it comes with the capsules too -

http://www.thecostumebase.com/obi-deluxe...cessories/

Any particular saber tickling your fancy?

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
08IWN Posted 15-05-2017, 09:48 PM -

look what i got geez it was fast delivery from cosplaysky.
can you guys let me know if you see anything that really stands out.
[Image: IMG_2207.jpg]

[Image: IMG_2202.jpg]

thanks guys hopefully my saver turns up this week so i can rock this at dream world.
Also any tips on the under brown shirt keeping it in potion i might add some buttons where not seen.

thanks dave
Offline Moo Posted 16-05-2017, 06:52 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Dave! So far so good.

I'd probably rethink the robe as the hood doesn't look like it would meet the standards - b. The hood should be large enough so that (1) when the hood is up, the sides of the hood drape to extend to or cover the shoulders and (2) when down, the tip of the hood should fall near the small of the back (or lower).

Might scrape in, but I'd more likely guess you'd get pulled up on it. As it's only an optional extra, I'd try to meet some of the other choices as they are probably cheaper than a new robe.

Also be careful of this one - a. Tabard construction should be such that the front tabards do not overlap. This is often accomplished by constructing the tabards in a “Y” formation where any seam joining the tabard below the obi to the tabard above the obi is covered by the obi. Tabards may cross in the back. Tabards may be sewn together in the back.

Some people are able to get away with it just from how it fits them, but I wasn't as lucky. I hade to reshape them a little to make them sit properly.

Velcro/Snaps/Hooks will be your best friend to try and keep everything in place.

Keep the photos coming, it's really starting to take shape!

Back to top Find
08IWN Posted 18-05-2017, 05:36 PM -

Thanks for the reply mate.
Small update. Light saber shipped today from the USA. Hopefully I get it to rock at dreamworld.

Getting som ulterations made to the pants and getting maybe a button or Velcro added the the under shirt.

Regarding my belt I notice everyone gets another. Not sure why mine seems to look ok I just need another pouch and those food pelets.

Regarding the robe I might try it in again to see where it sits.

Anyone going to dreamworld ?
08IWN Posted 18-05-2017, 10:37 PM -

Thanks for the heads up. If my saber arrives I will be at dream world in this outfit. Say hi if you see me. Hehe
08IWN Posted 19-05-2017, 09:11 PM -

[Image: IMG_2215.jpg]

Hi,
got everything pinned to where i think it should be for velcro to be added/straps. pants to be taken up. what you guys think?

I tried my robe on again and yeah its no good. might have to look into some add ons for the belt to meet standards.
Offline PhantomBlade Posted 20-05-2017, 05:20 PM -

I'll see you at DW! If I'm not running around in a blue mandalorian, I'll be the green and grey jedi.
Hopefully your saber arrives in time.
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 21-05-2017, 02:01 PM -
Tatooine Member

Looking good mate! Tabards look great. Its all coming together nicely.

I wont be able to make it to Dreamworld this year but Im sure I'll catch you another time Smile

Back to top Find
08IWN Posted 25-05-2017, 08:17 PM -

Light saber arrived. Hehe. Excited.

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)