Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

MyKillFace Jedi/Generic Jedi WIP (It's actually happening!)

Offline MyKill Posted 12-05-2017, 09:24 PM -
Event Organiser

Hello all!

I think I'm about to start getting serious about building a Qui-Gon Jinn costume.

I've been consulting a few members on whether or not I bear a close enough resemblance to Liam Neeson to portray Qui-Gon Jinn accurately - opinions were positive!

Size wise, I'm 'only' 3 to 4 inches taller than Liam Neeson, and I've got the nose, blue eyes, hair and beard (once I finish growing it back Roll On Floor Laughing ).

Robes: CosplaySky has been suggested for generic Jedi robes, suggestions welcome
Boots: probably the deal-breaker - suggestions welcome (size 15)
Belt: not sure where to start.
Sabre: ultrasabers 'consular'? (Not sure how elaborate I'd go though), other suggestions are welcome.

Do you have to go as far as having the rebreather or commlink?
Anything I've forgotten?

Going to have look into contact lenses for this also.

Having it as a generic Jedi for days I don't want to style my hair would be a plus too (would I need a different sabre?).
(This post was last modified: 18-01-2018, 07:18 PM by MyKill.)

"Will someone get this big walking carpet out of my way?"
Back to top Find
Offline Moo Posted 12-05-2017, 10:25 PM -
Tatooine Member

Hi MyKill

CosplaySky was a suggestion I received for Generic Jedi robes. As Cyclops has said on another post, they're on the lower end quality wise, but an affordable option. A lot of people on the main RL forum have said it's rather hit or miss with the sizing, I myself lucked out a little that they fit well enough for approval (pretty easy to hide most flaws with flowy jedi robes).

This was the belt option I used for a generic -

http://www.thecostumebase.com/obi-deluxe...cessories/

From my look at the CRL it doesn't state the rebreather or commlink as required items, but it'd be safer to wait for more input from others maybe (don't want to steer you wrong anywhere).

You shouldn't need a different saber for days you're feeling a little 'generic', as I'm sure many in the RL use hero sabers for generic jedi (I'm trying to find some builds on the main RL forum to verify this).

Smile

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline Snarky Posted 04-06-2017, 08:17 PM -

These guys also look like they do decent work, https://www.etsy.com/au/shop/FarFarAwayO...-info-name

Not sure about quality but they have a good reputation and reviews.
Back to top Find
Offline MyKill Posted 18-01-2018, 07:17 PM -
Event Organiser

Okay, this has gone from a theoretical build, to an in progress costume build!

I have made a deposit on full Qui-Gon style robes with Mammasith, I am just too large and oddly proportioned to trust a source that doesn't fully understand that Roll On Floor Laughing
(CPS messed up the torso length of the same costume twice, so I'm giving them a timeout on my business for a while).

For now I'm going Generic, but in a Jinn style. Belt colour is going to depend on boots, and I've only just started looking.

Apart from boots and belt, then its just the sabre - I'm planning on a stunt Ultrasaber to start with - but havent decided on whether to get a generic, or go the full consular.

Back to top Find
Offline Apok Posted 18-01-2018, 07:36 PM -
Drop Bear Squadron Leader

Looking forward to seeing this progress mate.
Back to top Find
Offline Nighthawk Posted 18-01-2018, 10:24 PM -
Tatooine Member

If you're going Ultrasabers it's worth shelling out the extra for sound in my opinion. You'll only wish you had down the track.

Similarly, if it's Qui-Gon you're planning for the long haul, you might as well get the Consular now. Just be warned it is pretty chunky. I have it and love it, but it wouldn't want to be any bigger, and it only works on me because I'm 6'4" (same as Liam Neeson) and have 2XL hands.

The only screen accurate Qui-Gon boots I could find cost around $800 so I'll be looking to cosmetically alter a generic pair off ebay if I can. Got my belt from ebay as well, from a seller called hammerheart44. Good enough to get me approved and can be bought as a set with the pouches and food capsules.
Back to top Find
Offline Drone Posted 20-01-2018, 08:43 AM -
Tatooine Member

You could save a little time and money by using your black boots from your reserve pilot but it would mean having to buy a black belt/pouches as well. You'd have your generic jedi but you'd have to replace your belt for qui-gon
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2018, 08:43 AM by Drone.)
Back to top Find
Offline MyKill Posted 20-01-2018, 09:44 PM -
Event Organiser

(20-01-2018, 08:43 AM)Drone Wrote: You could save a little time and money by using your black boots from your reserve pilot but it would mean having to buy a black belt/pouches as well. You'd have your generic jedi but you'd have to replace your belt for qui-gon

I'd be cool with that, would they be okay height wise?
I just grabbed some old brown (ish) cargo pants and grabbed a quick shot in my jackboots (long arms for the win!)
[Image: v3PQNzu.jpg]

Okay in relation to the knee?
[Image: VYYmq1x.jpg]

Hopefully those images don't post as large as they appear in preview... Whistle

So, apart from maybe looking at making spats/boot covers - I'd be looking at an Anakin style black belt - anyone have suggestions regarding trusted sources? I had a look at the vendor list hoppy posted, but thats almost 4 years old.
(This post was last modified: 20-01-2018, 10:28 PM by MyKill.)

Back to top Find
Offline MyKill Posted 19-05-2018, 12:16 PM -
Event Organiser

Progress!

Boots - black Kirza jackboots cut precisely mid-calf - purchased.
Belt - black anakin style, with capsules and brown pouches (Hammerheart44) -ordering wednesday
Robes - Mammasith - in progress
Saber and covertec clip - Ultrasabers Aeon V2 LE stunt - Purchased,

MY LIGHTSABER IS CURRENTLY IN HONOLULU!!!
(This post was last modified: 19-05-2018, 12:17 PM by MyKill.)

Back to top Find
Offline Ashlyn_Dubreas Posted 20-05-2018, 10:38 AM -

Sounds like everything is moving along smoothly. Looking forward to seeing the approval.
(This post was last modified: 20-05-2018, 10:38 AM by Ashlyn_Dubreas.)

Jedi Weapon Master Ashlyn Dubreas
Temple Master 2019-2020
Back to top WWW Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)