Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

hello all - i think I'm ready to go jedi

08IWN Posted 04-05-2017, 09:37 PM -

Hi,
Im Dave from the GC. Im Looking into getting a sgeneric Jedi outfit going i have done some research and had some help before i go flip money away can some confirm the below links will be approvable purchases?

Jedi Tunic and Robe
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-kenobi-j...rsion.html
Or this on from the same belt supplier seems more expensive
https://www.jedi-robe.com/88,646,star_wa..._Robe.html

Ive herd the belt needs updating so
https://www.jedi-robe.com/88,70146,star_..._Clip.html

Cheaper version
http://cosplaysky.com/star-wars-obi-jedi...uches.html

then as for light sabre can basically in saber from ultrasabers be approved obviously not a red blade?

Boots hmmmm can't seem to find a good place i would like to at least try these on i suppose as its something that can't be modified any suggestions?

thanks in advance.
Offline Cyclops Posted 05-05-2017, 05:33 AM -
Banned

Hi Dave , welcome to the base , while Cosplaysky is generally on the bottom end of the quality scale of Star Wars costuming , being that's it's a loose fitting Jedi robes the fit isn't so critical but not sure of the longevity, follow the costume standards and it's hard to go wrong, I'm sure one of our resident Jedi will offer up some sound advice for you , they're generally pretty helpful, I would suggest not compromising on the belt and boot quality as they're critical items , the blade as long as you're not doing a face character is just generic Jedi .
Back to top Find
08IWN Posted 05-05-2017, 04:13 PM -

Thanks mate. Cool I might pull the trigger on the cosplaysky. It comes with the tunic aswell and is in sale. I'll wait for boots info. I might try a horse ridding shop.
Offline Moo Posted 08-05-2017, 08:37 AM -
Tatooine Member

Hi Dave, and welcome! As Cyclops said, Cosplaysky is towards the bottom end quality wise, but if you're after something that wont break the bank, it's a decent choice (I went with cosplaysky for my jedi robes Smile ). You will definitely want to get a new belt as the one in the set will not be approvable. I don't remember where I got mine from, but I'll search the memery banks and get back to you if no one else provides a good option (it may have even been from the cosplaysky link you posted above).

Ultrasabers is approvable, and a good option again if not wanting to go too extravagant. Money can be saved if you get a stunt saber (no sound).

You can find some boot options at Costume Creations (out by Aussie World/Ettamogah Pub). They are approvable, and will run around $80-100. Boots will be important considering you may be trooping in them for hours on end, so something comfy and long lasting is a good choice.

If you're going for a robe as one of your optional choices, you'll need to upgrade from the one cosplaysky does. I went with a Museum Replicas robe. Good quality, and meets the standards. I was lucky enough to get one from Scifi toys in Australia, on sale, but this was over a year ago, and it looks like they don't have any left. Another option is to get one made for you. I hear nothing but good things about mammasiths work.

Sorry about the long post Smile

Feel free to drop me a message if you need any help.

[Image: h3e9BHK.png]
Back to top Find
Offline PhantomBlade Posted 08-05-2017, 01:46 PM -

Hey Dave, welcome to the forums!
Costume Creations are great for boots, otherwise your horse riding boots idea would work. If you've got small feet (around a men's 7) you might even manage to go shopping in the women's shoes section of most stores and might get lucky there.

As far as sabers go, ultrasabers are great. Seeing as you're on the gc, you might even like to try the local sabersmith there - Custom Sabers Oztralia on fb. I got my saber off him for $100, and i'm rather impressed with it. And if you get quick he's currently running a sale.
Back to top Find
08IWN Posted 09-05-2017, 09:54 PM -

Thanks everyone for the replies. Just buy chance I happen to be in the Sunshine Coast on a holiday I will grab some boots on thursday from Robin. Also ultrasabers has 15% off for the next week so that could be good for people. Thank you all for your help. I'll be placing orders this week. Can I ask is this the correct forum to submit the out fit for approval or do I do that at rebel legion.
Offline Cyclops Posted 10-05-2017, 05:31 AM -
Banned

Under costuming resources on the forum you can start a "work in progress " thread and post up your components as you go till you get to a complete costume the submit it to legion .
Back to top Find
Offline saralayss Posted 23-03-2018, 04:06 PM -

Hi ,i got the Jedi outfit,it's so wonderful.The link is https://www.cosmanles.com/star-wars.html .Therefore, the biggest strength is that you have so many choices for your reference and you can know which your favorite one is
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)