Welcome Guest, please Login, or Create an account

nassikTrooping in WA (2012, 2013, & 2014)

Offline Sandman Posted 17-07-2013, 11:29 AM -
Tatooine Member

Very Cool indeed, looks like im conducting an orchestra in that pic above.
Back to top Find
Offline nassik Posted 21-07-2013, 02:54 PM -

Woolworths
July 20, 2013

This was a 501st Legion troop with two dual members in attendance (jawas).

This day's troop found us fundraising for the Fresh Food Kids Hospital Appeal, all money raised will go to Telethon. We were invited out by Woolworths in Kelmscott and we used their staff room as a change room. We trooped in the store, out front of the store, throughout the small shopping center, and outside the main doors of the shopping center. We had local Rebel Legion members Dom and Jediwoman in attendance as jawas. I served as wrangler and photographer.

A grand total of $1,163.55 was raised.

[Image: SMH_3362_zps2155249f.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3269_zpsc8d3720d.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3307_zps156cd75e.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3387_zpsfe1e534a.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3349_zpsf91a588f.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3211_zps0d048016.jpg]

[Image: SMH_3604_zps693cfc98.jpg]
Dom in his tusken raider in this photo.
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2013, 10:28 AM by nassik.)

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline gmrhodes13 Posted 22-07-2013, 03:43 PM -
501st & Rebel Member

Just to clarify this was a Desert Scorpion Squad organised troop and they had been invited by Liz a 501st member who is a supervisor at Woolworth's to attend. There was a few dual members in attendance, I was one but trooped as 501st. I think in future events organised by either legion will have to state if other legions may attend and if they can then claim it as an actual Rebel Legion or 501st event. The report looks as if two rebel legion members raised all the money on the day when in truth most troopers in attendance where 501st and all members of Desert Scorpion Squad. I hope this will be taken in a positive manner and clarification will be made in future.
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2013, 03:43 PM by gmrhodes13.)

[Image: tk85421-2.gif]
Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 22-07-2013, 04:42 PM -
Tatooine Jedi

I understand what you mean rhodes, we have a lot of blurred lines over here as well, but this thread is not claiming thses as Tatooine Base missions. All Nassik is doing is just keeping everyone posted on what events you WA guys are going to.
Back to top Find
Offline gmrhodes13 Posted 22-07-2013, 05:03 PM -
501st & Rebel Member

(22-07-2013, 04:42 PM)stormraven Wrote: I understand what you mean rhodes, we have a lot of blurred lines over here as well, but this thread is not claiming thses as Tatooine Base missions. All Nassik is doing is just keeping everyone posted on what events you WA guys are going to.
Thank you for your comments but i was pointing out that this was a 501st event which funds raised was by the Desert Scorpion Squad, which is not noted in this thread, to my knowledge all members trooped as 501st, if they wanted to troop as RL then they should have asked the organiser. If you want to post about an event it should be made clear what the event was and who's troop it was. I have no problems with joint events as long as it is clearly stated, if I mentioned this post to some DSS members it would create WW3, some are not as open to joint trooping as I and others are. That being said hopefully from now on clear reporting of an event should be made and this will stop any misunderstandings.
(This post was last modified: 22-07-2013, 05:18 PM by gmrhodes13.)

Back to top Find
Offline stormraven Posted 23-07-2013, 02:43 AM -
Tatooine Jedi

Ok over here as a general rule all Redback events are open to Tatooine Base members and vice versa so there is no need to make a distinction like that.
Back to top Find
Offline gmrhodes13 Posted 23-07-2013, 08:56 AM -
501st & Rebel Member

Unfortunately this is not the case over her in WA, my comments have not been made to offend anyone but to bring awareness to what is posted by either legion in regards to attended events. I would love to promote a common group attendance to events but I think this would have to be done with the involement of command staff, hopefully this can be done in the future. I did contact my garrison CO before my first post for his advice so he is aware of this situation. Perhaps this will open the doors for some common trooping in the future.

Back to top Find
Offline nassik Posted 23-07-2013, 10:16 AM -

Fair enough, I didn't clarify that this was a 501st Legion troop. My apologies. The above post has been amended.

Since every Rebel Legion member in WA is also a 501st Legion member, I don't distinguish between the two. Particularly in our case, where the RL costumes are dual-Legion approved costumes. Show up as a jawa to a troop and you're both a 501st member and a Rebel. Unless a trooper can't get dual-Legion trooping credit for wearing the same costume.

This thread isn't a proper mission report. I never intended it to be one. Instead, it's just showing what Rebel Legion members attend in WA. And it is a bit blurry in the case of WA. The majority of our members have dual-Legion approved costumes (jawas and tuskens). If these members troop, do they have to declare if they're Rebels or 501st members? Or, as is more logical, do they represent both clubs at the same time?
(This post was last modified: 23-07-2013, 10:34 AM by nassik.)

[Image: RebelPilotSig_zps4a3d814e.jpg]
Back to top Find
Offline gmrhodes13 Posted 23-07-2013, 10:55 AM -
501st & Rebel Member

No problems Shawn it is a blurred line which I have asked something be put in place on TAG for grouped troops to follow. I do know if some had seen this it would have been blown out of all proportions, I am happ to troop with all groups as long as everyone knows before hand, seems they only way to have harmony. Would be great if it got to a stage were there is no them an us idealism but those above will need to be invoked for this to happen. As to the question are you trooping as one or both legions, again it's an answer those above will have to decide, hopefully thee can be something out in place soon.
Live long and prosper, burger that's the wrong saying
May the force be with you ;D

Back to top Find
Offline Sandman Posted 23-07-2013, 11:07 AM -
Tatooine Member

it does take time but strong RL members can help combine the event into one big starwars troop. it did take time even here in Queensland to get members to attend as RL at 501st events but now its just a common acceptance (with the exception of one or two events) so just keep asking TAG events if TB can be invited. kids love a lightsaber with a robe wrapped around them in pictures and thats what really matters.
Back to top Find

User(s) browsing this thread
1 Guest(s)